Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here is the deal, I just bought this bike and was changing the oil when I noticed the coolant reservoir was empty. So i filled it up (this was 2 days ago), i over filled it a little bit so when ever i rode the bike it would drip/drain out the overflow tube. Im assuming this is normal, but it kept draining itself back down to empty (in the reservoir). I have put 200 miles on the bike since and have constantly kept an eye on the temp, and havent noticed anything out of whack. It hasnt gone above 223 and the fan comes on when its supposed to. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey mate - :ciao:

I know of two people the exact same thing has happend to and both times it was the radiator cap. If it's not working properly the pressure builds up and blows your coolant out the overflow. Try some wd40 in the cap and give it a good working over to make sure it's not stuck - failing that - replace it.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Have you checked your coolant level(radiator cap), also make sure your reservoir isn't leaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts