Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just joined forum and i would like to ask you one question. It is about my CBR 600 RR 2005 which i recently bought. I had to take apart my right fairing and then i noticed i was missing coolant in my coolant reservoir. But when i open my radiator cap the coolant is in there. So i was wondering what that could mean and where my coolant went missing. Can i just fill up the reservoir or should i change the whole coolant?

Attachments

· Registered
885 Posts
Reservoir means just that, reserves. Only coolant in radiator is actively used. As it heats up, coolant expands and some of it pushes out under radiator cap out into resevoir. When coolant cools down after you turn bike off, it contracts and is sucked back into radiator.

Should fill resevoir with distilled water to upper line and watch it. Make sure you don't have any cracks or leaks in resevoir.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reservoir means just that, reserves. Only coolant in radiator is actively used. As it heats up, coolant expands and some of it pushes out under radiator cap out into resevoir. When coolant cools down after you turn bike off, it contracts and is sucked back into radiator.

Should fill resevoir with distilled water to upper line and watch it. Make sure you don't have any cracks or leaks in resevoir.
Tnx a lot for answer i should not be worried then :).

· Registered
819 Posts
No worries. The coolant level will change with engine temperature and atmospheric pressure.

Just look at it from time to time and make sure the fluid level is at least at the lower line. If you get too much it pushes it out of the rubber overflow hose, which routes to the bottom center of your bike.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries. The coolant level will change with engine temperature and atmospheric pressure.

Just look at it from time to time and make sure the fluid level is at least at the lower line. If you get too much it pushes it out of the rubber overflow hose, which routes to the bottom center of your bike.
Another question. My reservoir was empty completely. Then i tried to fill it with destilled water but when i started pouring water all the water started to come out from a hose on the other side of bike. Why does that happen ???

· Registered
819 Posts
I'm assuming it was coming out of the overflow hose that's under the bike on the left side middle.

If you're getting coolant out of it the bike has too much and it's being pushed out of the reservoir. Plain water in the reservoir is hard to see so maybe it wasn't empty. Fill to the lower line and watch what it does after a ride or two.

Keep in mind if you keep just adding water that you're diluting your coolant mix. A little won't matter but the radiator and water pump prefer coolant over pure water. Water will cool just fine though.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys everything is alright. It was my mistake on the end. When i was pouring destilated water last time some of the water went directly on the overflow tube and thats why it spilled on the hose. I just figured it now. And the rest of the water is in the reservoir so it is everything alright now. Tnx a lot for a help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts