Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a long ride yesterday up Highway 9 and around. Lots of lean, lots of on/off power, lots of hard braking to hard acceleration.

When I went to fill up I found coolant around the gas cap (under the cap, not in the gas tank). I also found spots here and there on the tank shroud and around the frame/neck.

Once I get the new fairings I'll give the whole coolant system a run through. Before I go tracking it down, has anyone had this issue crop up as well? I'd love to know where the first place to check would be. Natural inclination would lead me to believe it's bubbling out of the overflow or there is a pin sized leak in one of the pressurized hoses, causing it to spray. Seems the leak is stemming from under the tank fairing.

-TC

·
Registered
121 Posts
there is a drain tube that runs down from the filler to under the bike. any chance you somehow messed up and connected this to the drain for the overflow bottle?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a drain tube that runs down from the filler to under the bike. any chance you somehow messed up and connected this to the drain for the overflow bottle?
Not a bad idea. I'll check and see when I get the time, who knows what the previous owner did...

-TC

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not a bad idea. I'll check and see when I get the time, who knows what the previous owner did...

-TC

drain tube for the fuel cap and the overflow bottle terminate at the same point by the shifter. Should be able to follow them up under the body pretty easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts