Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have a problem, my fan stopped turning on. It usualy gets to the normal 220 degrees mark and turns on but isnt anymore and was wondering if you guys have any idea.

One thing that might of caused this and I didnt think it did anything was. The other night I was leaving this parking lot, and since it was late, they put up a chain thing across the entrance, and I was goign out the entrance, cause it was closer, and didnt see the chain drooping down below, so I luckily it was drooping, and my front tire went right over then it got caught up behind my front tire and hit the front fairings. It didnt do much but did crack the front right side a little bit. I just thought it didnt do anything, everything seemed to be in check, but now my fan wont turn on. I dont know if it is has anythign to do with that, but that is the only thing that has happened to my bike.

So if anyone has any suggestions on things i could check i would really appreciate it. Thanks alot.

Katon

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Check your fuses first, the most common thing that would cause this issue.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Disconnect the ground whire from the fan.... and touch the radiator or something on the bike with grounded. If the fan starts then it's ok and you should check the fuses and the relay. If the fan doesn't work then its the fan that it not working.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Check to make sure you didn't push the radiator into the fan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the help. I am goign to look into it. I sure hope i didnt push the radiator into the fan. I am not to good with that stuff, so hopefully it is somewhat obvious to me. Thanks

Katon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I fixed it. It ended up being that the radiator was pushed into the fan. But now I got it working. Thanks alot guys.

Katon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts