Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I have an 08 CBR600RR and I noticed after having my front end fixed at Honda that my cooling fan on my bike kicks on at 220 like it’s supposed to but it’s INSANELY loud. Sounds like a shop vacuum. I can hear it like it’s right by my ear through my helmet with music playing...

It doesn’t cool my bike off either. And I have plenty of coolant. Any suggestions? Could the motor be bad and I need a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Pull the plastics and check to make sure one of your coil pack wires is not hitting the back of the fan blades.

Or better yet, take it back and tell them to fix it.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the plastics and check to make sure one of your coil pack wires is not hitting the back of the fan blades.

Or better yet, take it back and tell them to fix it.

Didn’t think about checking. That never have time work too much but today I finally have time. As for the shop. I’ll pas because I’m working 12hrs away from home and the nearest shop from where I am now is 3 1/2hrs away.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Probably sloppy workmanship from the previous mechanic.

Glad you found it! That would have eventually destroyed your fan blades. You should send your mechanic, err, ex mechanic, a picture of that bolt and ask him if he needs it back. If he says no, then ask him where did it go on your bike! Lol...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably sloppy workmanship from the previous mechanic.

Glad you found it! That would have eventually destroyed your fan blades. You should send your mechanic, err, ex mechanic, a picture of that bolt and ask him if he needs it back. If he says no, then ask him where did it go on your bike! Lol...

was from me doing a break change. I lost my brake bolt. Found it now.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
was from me doing a break change. I lost my brake bolt. Found it now.

LOL.....I won't ask how. This is why I have a big piece of 1" styrofoam that I use to to stick all my bolts and clips into as I remove them. If you keep them in order it helps to remember which bolt goes where. And it makes sure you don't wind up with a bolt stuck in your fan blades...😅

They have magnetic bolt trays now that do the same thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL.....I won't ask how. This is why I have a big piece of 1" styrofoam that I use to to stick all my bolts and clips into as I remove them. If you keep them in order it helps to remember which bolt goes where. And it makes sure you don't wind up with a bolt stuck in your fan blades...

They have magnetic bolt trays now that do the same thing.

Was in a hurry. I didn’t have much time off of work. Try to spend it with my kids when I am in. I put my bolts on the gas tank fairing. Guess it got bumped. Fell. 🤷🏻*♂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts