Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so have had this cbr about a week(06 600rr), rode it around today to take care of some errands. haven't been stuck in true stop 'n go traffic with it yet. but i did a little today and noticed the temps started to climb pretty high. at one point it hit 220. figured that was way to high and shut her off at a red light. cranked it back up on green and it was at 195. first chance i got i pulled into a parking lot to see what was up. come to find out my fan wasn't kicking on. something else i noticed is that there's only one fan, but looks like there should be two? am i right? my fan is located in the top left corner of the radiator. and there's nothing on the other side.

i'll diagnose the fan when i have a chance sometime this week. till then though, any input? check fuses first? then wiring or what?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Fan kicks on at 220 175 to 230 at stand still is normal its really hard to go past 230 unless u have a stuck therm or bubbles in the radiator

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fan kicks on at 220 175 to 230 at stand still is normal its really hard to go past 230 unless u have a stuck therm or bubbles in the radiator

oh hell, ok then it's probably fine. i'm used to my last bike having the fan running all the time and it didn't have a temp gauge on it like the cbr. and i'm used to my camaro running at 210 like a rock and never moving.

so just out of curiosity what is maximum safe operating temp? like 235+?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Normal... Don't sweat it!

·
Registered
932 Posts
255 is when your bike explodes. The coolant will boil. Your engine will warp.

Keep it under 240 at all costs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts