Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from a ride on the 3rd of July from Missouri back to Iowa and I saw 3 State Patrol 2 were at a gas station sitting there and another was parked by a feild...they didn't get me but i was going the speed limit. Any ways about 3 more miles down the road I saw a fellow biker speeding through the curves and waved....I dont know if he got pulled over or not but it wouldnt of surprised me because he was noticably speeding. What would you have done?
Do you somehow tell him he needs to slow down because of the speed trap?

I imagine the cops were all around because it was so close the the 4th of July and alot of people buy there fireworks in mizz. and bring them to Iowa where they are illegal...but I am wondering what you guys would have or have done in a situation like this.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Clarinda Iowa.....Home of the Boys Prison....

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I'm a helmet tapper.

I heard from a cop back in WA that it's illegal to signal to other motorists that there are cops ahead. I think he was full of crap though...he called it obstruction of justice. I call it being a good citizen and asking those breaking the law to stop :p

·
Registered
254 Posts
usmcr6 said:
I heard from a cop back in WA that it's illegal to signal to other motorists that there are cops ahead. I think he was full of crap though...he called it obstruction of justice. I call it being a good citizen and asking those breaking the law to stop :p
It's been argued that signalling there is a speed trap ahead is a form of freedom of speech, most often called symbolic speech. I suppose it's all in how nice your judge is :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Suicycle said:
It's been argued that signalling there is a speed trap ahead is a form of freedom of speech, most often called symbolic speech. I suppose it's all in how nice your judge is :icon_lol:
This has been argued on those grounds successfullly. It is your freedom of speech. Not even a judge can overrule your right.

X

1 - 14 of 14 Posts