Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im on my way home from work and almost home when a car pulls out in front of me from a side street. I swerve around it and give the old stink fist (there was a cop behind me I decided not to give the finger) and then the cop lights up his lights....I think hes pulling me over and then he whips it around and pulls over the car. Im guessing for cutting in front of me but even if not it still made me feel good. Maybe they arent all out to get us.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Nice.... good thing you knew the cop was there and didn't decide to punch off the side view mirror!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll tell you what. Some cops tend to watch us more than they should. But when I'm out on the road I find that most bikers are more safe than cagers. Excluding the ones doing wheelies through school zones and other stuff like that.

+1 for the cop.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
101stABN said:
Nice.... good thing you knew the cop was there and didn't decide to punch off the side view mirror!

lol, thats where id have been, sliding over his bonet with the wing mirror in my teeth. RAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

·
Team Green recrueting machine
614 Posts
I was stuck in labor day traffic yesterday and i just rode between cars :p I didnt even know there was a bike cop behind me following me for like 10 mins :p He followed me till the traffic cleared and gave me the thumbs up.. couldnt believe it :) I thought i was gonna get in trouble.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sometime ago I had an Il state trooper following me as I raced a Tstorm home. I was doing about 100 and I look in mirror and there He is.Thinking I was screwed I pulled into the right lane and while He passed me He gave me the thumbs up. I was shocked.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
+2 for the LEO. even if it was just a tongue lashing, kudos for looking out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
all cops i've met have been really nice and cool about motorcycle. if you're gonna go fast, do it somewhere where there is less people.

they're more concern with protecting the safety of others. riding fast in city is not safe for others.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ok ya i believe cops have a job to do, but appantly our cops are far different than yours. we get rolled on all the time, but its because soo many bikes get stolen out here. the cops that pulled me over day b4 yesterday was really cool but told me they "were picking on bikes lately, making sure they werent stolen. They way people are keeping they're bikes so clean, [they] cant tell whether they're new or not". so its mostly the new or new-looking bikes. that cops STILL wrote me a ticket, but was a nice guy. but doesnt change the fact that we ARE being picked on.. from the mouth of the COP!

o and if we did any of that racing, no way in hell a cop would give us a thumbs up. i got a speeding ticket for 75 in a 65 on the freeway. out here 75 - 80 and often 85 is the flow of traffic. my buddy got a similar one for 80 also. splitting lanes is legal, but i have a feeling they would be watching... cloossely

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
a friend of my families is a motorcycle cop and he says unless there driving completly stupid and not caring for outhers he wont pull over a sportbike he says cause he understands what it is like to ride so he tends to let alot slide

·
Registered
45 Posts
xcessiv said:
we get rolled on all the time, but its because soo many bikes get stolen out here. the cops that pulled me over day b4 yesterday was really cool but told me they "were picking on bikes lately, making sure they werent stolen.
Hell if it cuts down the bike theft here in vegas I wouldn't mind cops pulling more bikes over to check if it was stolen.

·
Registered
133 Posts
vegassRR said:
Hell if it cuts down the bike theft here in vegas I wouldn't mind cops pulling more bikes over to check if it was stolen.
I hear ya. I got questioned about my bike being stolen when I first got it. I had it for two day and the temp plate was still on it. I was like are you kidding? But yeah I don't mind if they are checking to see if its stolen. Its when they pull me over because I "sounded" like I was speeding. Thats what gets under my skin.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got pulled over the other day for going 38 in a 35... The state boy was like it looked like you were going a little to fast... I wanted so bad to say " Dude i was only going 38 in a 35" But i figured it was in my best intrest to just agree with him and he was like i know its hard to only go 35 on bikes like that but you guys ... refuring to all the other bikers in the area... are going to have to try and watch your speed... well anyways he gave me a writen warning and i was on my way... But all and all he was a pretty cool guy...

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
shynehead said:
Dude..what in the world is a written warning??
Here's what they look like in Georgia.

·
Registered
796 Posts
lmao... a courtesy warning.. that's too funny.

shynehead said:
Dude..what in the world is a written warning??
I was thinking the same thing... when I get any papers from a cop, it's a ticket :(

oh yeah... +1 for cops, both my parents were motorcycle cops

·
**Can't SEE My RC UJB smoked **
469 Posts
i've passed two different cops doing about 50 or so in a 35 and both times they just waved. heart sunk both times and i still cant belive that they did pull me over. ( knock on wood)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts