Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember the case where the off duty cop pulled a gun on a biker/speeder then charged him with "wiretapping" for posting the vid. Here we go again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
definitely a punishment that would not fit the crime. personally i'm all for video taping because if your doing what your suppose to be doing on the job you shouldn't have to worry. When i went to the academy they ingrained in us to never do anything we didn't want on the front page of the news paper.

I

·
0 Posts
What a joke. Making laws that benefit themselves.America at her best.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Wonder how that works when they were at his "mothers house" That's private property not public. His lawyer should easily get him off of this. Anyone comes on my property is being recorded I don't care who you are. Just because you have a badge and uniform doesn't mean you to be trusted. Now a days there are plenty of officers that are breaking the law and they need to be shown doing this.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
this is unreal. cop shot a guy in the back and killed him, gets 2 years. this guy is looking at 75 years for recording a conversation without police consent. what a joke, its sad that people say our legal system is fair..

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I have no words to say, I'm literally stunned.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't even believe how retarded this one is. As many of you have already said, why worry if you're doing what you're supposed to? Don't be stupid and it won't matter..

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
definitely a punishment that would not fit the crime. personally i'm all for video taping because if your doing what your suppose to be doing on the job you shouldn't have to worry. When i went to the academy they ingrained in us to never do anything we didn't want on the front page of the news paper.
True however, I know first hand that the truth and what was recorded are most of the time two completely different things. ie the occupy protesters that were pepper sprayed. They didn't show that the protesters refused to let the officers leave and then surrounded them..... and the protesters were warned numerous times to move or physical force would be used

However I do agree that that sentence is harsh. doubt he'll get anything close to that. probably wont see the inside of a cell

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
That kid on the 1K RR got off because it was impossible to be considered wiretapping due to the video recording being done in an environment where privacy was unachievable.

If this guy did this on a back road where it was just him, he is in some deep doo doo. If this was in public with many witnesses, the prosecution and P.D. have no case.

Clearly this B.S. has to change..

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have a feeling he just offended that Chief Allison or whoever it was. Just by bringing his recording in and threatening him, he pressed these bs charges. I bet it gets dropped, but it still sucks that this could potentially be what happens to this poor guy.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
what bull s h i t
really pisses me off these things are happening in our country.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Unbelievable. it really makes me upset how stupid some laws and lawmakers of this country are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts