Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i'm a new bike rider still developing my skills. i had a question though. i just recently got a speeding ticket a couple of months ago in my car. my cousin tells me though that cops are chiller on bikers. i don't want another speeding ticket so i always ride at speed limit but i feel kind of weird because all other bikes go way faster than me. just wondering if it's true that cops are chiller on bikers and how much chiller?

·
Registered
726 Posts
F*** no!!! I just got a $200 ticket the other day, and now I'm going to court. I don't know any cops that'll fix tickets for me, but I do know cops that'll give me advice. We yeah we, three of us, mailed the tickets in for the hearing the day after we got them. We'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
no cops on motorcycles are from what i've seen are more of an a$$ types. Their main job is to give out tickets not saying that all of them are that way some are cool but most are A$$

·
Registered
525 Posts
for cruisers and harleys, that could be true, but cops hates sportbikes. from what i've heard and personally experienced they'll find any reason to pull you over. the cool ones give you warnings (i think they just stop you so they could oggle at the bike) and the dickheads try and find the smallest things to give you a citation for... be wary.

L

·
0 Posts
the only shady cops that i know of are the ones that drive mercedes....

be careful around those guys, they are nothing but trouble :lol2:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Different for every area and every cop just like in your car. For my first 5 years of riding a motorcycle I NEVER got pulled over. And I drove around like a squid all the time hauling ass, doing wheelies, never wearing gear. However, the last few years it seems like I'm pulled over once every other month usually for nothing else but to be hasseled for my insurance, lisence, etc. I'd say it's about half and half on the way the cops treat me. Sometimes I get ones that are cool as ****, talk to me about my bike and whatnot and sometimes I get ones that tell me they think all sportbikes should be outlawed and that all of us are just out making trouble.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Post that cops hate sports is mostly true. I ride with some local PD but that is the exception as far as I'm concerned. Just getting my license back next week after a 30 day hiatus, for nothing more than riding a yellow bike with a restricted license. :oops:

Just remember these bikes come with a lot of responsibility, respect the law and those who carry it out. But, every now and then a little disrespect is a whole lot of fun, ride safe.

·
Registered
813 Posts
just keep doing what you're doing.....speed limit is good.....who cares if there's other bikes blowing past you? Save it for the track! Those crazy riders will get what they deserve...a mouth full of soccer mom SUV trunk :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts