Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everone,

I recently purchased a used Corbin for my 2006, and when I bought it, it was stated it was for a 2005-2006 model. I placed the seat on my bike today and noticed there was quite the gap on the rear part of the seat between the seat and the fairing, exposing the screws, battery box compartment and more. This doesn't look anything like the photos I've seen of the corbins on the RRs.

I've attached a photo, but anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies - I'll try bending the metal brackets. I tried already, but they were really stiff and hard to bend - i was worried about them breaking where they were mounted on the seat. Maybe I should stick a lighter to them to heat them up for an easier bend?

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Thanks for the replies - I'll try bending the metal brackets. I tried already, but they were really stiff and hard to bend - i was worried about them breaking where they were mounted on the seat. Maybe I should stick a lighter to them to heat them up for an easier bend?
put it in the hot sun with some books on the rear end of the seat.. i wouldnt use a lighter.. might mess up ur nice seat

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
put it in the hot sun with some books on the rear end of the seat.. i wouldnt use a lighter.. might mess up ur nice seat
i second this advice

if u want to use any type of heat source, i would make sure it is the type with a pressurized flame - such that it is very controllable and the flame is straight and doesnt move much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts