Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there has been some discussion of how useful Corbin seats are so I thought I would give some of my input as well. Just got my seat installed last night (pain in my ass) and took it for a ride for a few hours. The first thing I noticed right away was the fact that the seat was just a tiny bit wider in the back. Not really that noticable when you are looking at it, but when you sit down you can feel the extra support on the edges of your butt. After a steady hour of riding I felt no pain or soreness like I usually do when riding for any amout of time. Even my wrists were hardly sore because I was able to take some of the weight off of them while crusing. I stayed out for another hour and hit some nice 90 degree curves on the edge of town.I remember seeing people say that the corbin made it harder to slide back and forth on the seat...but I got just the opposite feeling. I have Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants and I was able to slide with ease from side to side because of the textile material on the pants. It's probably a different story if you're wearing leather though.

All in all $200 is alot of money for a seat, but definetly give them a try if you are uncomfortable with the stock seat. Made a huge difference to me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
ive grown used to the stock seat.... dont get soar anymore. although havnt had a really long ride yet this year. max 2 hours

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looking to buy a corbin. If you want to sell yours PM me asap. You can never get use to the factory on on long rides.... OUCH!

nevermind i just bought one....

·
Knee Dragger & Site Sponsor
371 Posts
Yea my butt has gotten use to the thin pad but still feels it the next day after a long hard ride!

·
Registered
796 Posts
i have a 2005. I constantly go on rides that last near two hours. Mostly a real long ass communte to visit my gf every now and then. The seat seems ok, but after you ride it for a while my butt hurts like a mother. I have been debating whether getting the Corbin would be worth it, but $200 dollars - Dayum! thats one expensive tooshie support. Seems like people say its worth it though... time to save up - i may never afford my arata *sigh*

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had a Corbin seat for about a month now. I didn't mind the stocker, but my wife bought it for my birthday. I had a Corbin on my Bandit 1200, and the initial difference was much more noticeable on the Bandit. However, the seat for the Bandit was also much more expensive. After my initial rides with the new seat, I was happier, but not overly impressed. I'm liking the seat more as it breaks in, and as I've started to realize the difference from the stock saddle. First, if you like to ride close up to the tank at all, the Corbin will give your boys more cushion. I'm guessing that if you don't have boys, that's not really an issue. However, when I want to ride relaxed style, moving forward allows me to sit up straighter. The other thing I really noticed is that the Corbin seat is much thicker and heavier than the stocker. This is generally not a good thing for a sport bike, but it has the benefit of killing most of the heat that comes up through the center exhaust. This adds more comfort to the bike than I would have thought. Once the seat fully breaks in, it will be a keeper. So one word of advice, you have to give the seat some time before making an evaluation. I wasn't impressed at first, but now I'm really starting to appreciate the seat.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Save the money, and take your stock seat to an aplostery shop, have them put some extra padding in. I added more padding, $50 bucks, and no more sore ass. But thats just my .2

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have one. its the perforated leather one that is supposedly made to keep your nuts cooler. don't really think it does all that, i just reatins water like a sponge when i come out from class after it has rained. the piping on the perforated seat is coming apart and is making my bike look real crummy. my dad and i go to daytona to their shoppe every christmas for out annual ride and they wanted to charge my 3/4 of the original price to get it reappolstered. they were goin to charge me 60 for a quick solution, vinyl rain cover. good shape and i still ride on it, as far east as cedar key fl, as far west as cocoa beach fl, as far north as jacksonville fl, and as far south as miami fl. but did hurt but i don't think i would want to do that on the stock seat.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the stock seat - I can ride all day long without any problems, and I'm no featherweight (220#).

·
Registered
264 Posts
My solution is my hot tub. Works like a charm everytime.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have one with Red piping for sale.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ride 50 miles to school *100 miles round trip* 4 times a week. The stock seat is very comfy for me, but then again I am 120lbs and 5'3". I can litterally lay on my tank to relax

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I get the pain in the u no what but i say it comes with the bike. if i wanted a big soft seat, i would have gotten a crusier. even tho the heat kicks my but after i few hours of traffic, its worth it to ride the sexyest bike on the planet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts