Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 10 hour ride two weekends ago...I was very sore for a couple days. Especially my balls...

So after some researching, I think I want to invest in a Corbin Seat. Only problem is, all the ones I've seen have that red stripe thingie on it. Do they make one in plain black (or with a yellow stripe)?

Also, are there other competing brands that people have tried?

Mentioning vendors that carry them would be nice too...

Oh, and pics are a definite plus as well...

Thanks,

:p

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wizard600RR,

Do you know where I can get good prices for the Corbin Seat (in yellow, of course)?

VinRR,

Do you know where I can get good prices for the OEM Honda seat cowl?

Thanks guys! 8)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Try talking to Jason at Indysuperbikes or Nick at MRI about the corbin seat. They'll be able to give you the best price on it.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I went with all black, skipped the silly stripe thing. You'll love the ride. It eliminates the vibration and is very comfy. They have a textured/Carbon fiber look leather available too, you may want to consider that as the standard leather is slippery, It's easy to manuver your ass for turns but you constantly slide forward, balls to the tank.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yah, I have an 03 yellow and went with the all black fibre leather, getting a yellow fibre leather rear seat cover too, so i dont have to sacrifice the rear seat like you do with a cowl.. once I get home I'll get some pics and let ya know how it rides..

·
Registered
734 Posts
I contacted Corbin and they said it takes about 3-4 weeks to make a seat that is not in stock. I say call Nick / Jason to see if they have any in stock otherwise put your order in and wait. I am going to get a black/yellow joint myself.

Rippey

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok, but i've heard a thicker seat gives you a higher riding position, and gives the bike a whole different feel. It's a higher bike to begin with, I cant spare another inch for my feets to reach the ground. I"m 5'8", I'm vertically challenged!
your comments? :lol2:

·
Registered
204 Posts
$135 for the OEM Seat Cowl is a great price. Cheapest i've heard.so far. Go mine for $150. As far as the Corbin seat, the cheapest I've gotten was $200. I'm trying to find a better price though. Let me know what you find.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
call my man steve at superbikes and ski 2399397788 10.00 am to 7.oo pm eastern time the corbin seat for 189.00 shipped to your door mention my name moe otherwise he wont sell it at that price also the undertail from eurobikes for 289.00 plus shipping no tax if you are out of state

1 - 20 of 21 Posts