Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever took the Cornerspin school? They call it road racing in the dirt. It's in the Charlotte NC area. I heard this course and riding dirt bikes in general is a good step for improving on the track. I'm planning to be in the area for their July 10-11 course....anyone else interested?

Check it out http://cornerspin.com/main.html

·
Registered
796 Posts
I took this course in April and thought it was pretty fun. I've never ridden on a dirt bike, but I wanted to improve on my (dry) track riding skills.

The course focuses on using different techniques for different levels of traction. They tell you to push yourself to the limits of traction, so you know how it feels like when you lose it. When you lose traction on the racetrack, it's very painful and expensive, but falling on the dirt course on a dirt bike is OK, and they encourage it!

You ride 7 hp dirt bikes and go about....10-15mph max, but on the tight course, it feels like you're flying.

Overall, I thought the course was pretty good and worth the cost. I flew in from NY, so the total cost was a lot more, so if you're in the charlotte area, I would definitely give this course a try. If I lived in the area, I would take this course at least once a year as a refresher.

Even if you don't plan on doing track days, I think this course is benefitial to street riders. It will definitely make you a better rider all around. You can do things in the course that you would never try on the street/track. Powering out of turns and having the rear slide out was a lot of fun. So was "backing it in" while braking hard.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hm, how much does it cost?

I'd love to try this.

Do you need anything? Full gear, etc.? Or do they supply it?

·
I AM The Righty
2,380 Posts
my buddies have run cornerspin before and are going back sometime in july? heard positive reviews but unfortunately I'm too broke to go this year

·
Registered
397 Posts
Anyone ever took the Cornerspin school? They call it road racing in the dirt. It's in the Charlotte NC area. I heard this course and riding dirt bikes in general is a good step for improving on the track. I'm planning to be in the area for their July 10-11 course....anyone else interested?

Funny you mention this, I have a friend who's a former racer and just recommended this type of school for improving my track (street) skills. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

A couple of our guys have taken 'Spin and raved about it. They do alot of the Cornerspeed trackdays at VIR and said the lessons they learned in the dirt really helped them on the track with front end feel plus sliding both the front and rear.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hm, how much does it cost?

I'd love to try this.

Do you need anything? Full gear, etc.? Or do they supply it?
It's like $550. You can rent all the gear you need for an extra $50. Check out the website that's where I got all the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts