Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have the black version for my bike but do not have any pictures online.

I will say that i use two backpack type straps (also used to put on sleeping bags to keep them rolled up) to attach the bag to my passenger seat. I use the straps also to hold down anything I carry when I do not have the bag on also.
I use the straps as I did not like the mounting points that I could use with the default stretch cord hooks that came with the bag.

I will see about getting a few pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
No need for a pic. They're ugly as sin, but damn useful. Here's a tip. Taek the hooks off and tie the bungies to each other criss-cross under your rear seat. Then snap your rear seat on and you're money!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I'm not looking for something pretty I just want something that can carry a change of shoes/clothes and a few other things for my 40 mile commute to work every day. Really just wanted to see how it's mounted.

Thanks for the tip! Really didnt want to have to connect bungies to foot pegs or anything

·
Registered
211 Posts
pics

Yea, like Jim said they're ugly. So useful though!

With the sides extended, it hangs over the sides but oh well. This pic here has the bag empty so the sides sag. They'll still sag a little with stuff in there but not as much.

I hook the things to the rear pegs and the the tail light brackets. It holds pretty well but when there's heavy stuff in there (schoolbooks or something), going over bumps will cause the bag to shift forward. Other than that, the bag holds pretty well most of the time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Will these be for your long rides to VA?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts