Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday that my fork seals look shot as there tubes were noticeably slick with oil. I bought the bike about a week ago, so although I havent been doing wheelies, maybe one of the 2 previous owners did...the bike has 6k miles.

Can anyone tell me what I might expect to pay to have the front fork tube seals replaced? Im just looking for a basic estimate before I take it in and possibly over pay.

Before anyone says it, I know its something that can be a DIY. However, I dont have a front stand and dont really trust myself to work on something that integral to the bike's performance. I would rather pay a pro and feel better about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the search answered my question:

Seems to be anywhere from $100 to $300 depending upon where you go and what all is replaced (just the seal, seal + bushing, etc)

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
the bigger difference in cost will be weather u bring the bike in or just the forks.
most dealers charge 1 hour per fork plus parts to service them.
they might add at least another hour if they have to remove and reinstall the forks and wheel.

expect to pay around $80 or more per hour of labor.

·
Registered
810 Posts
There are a couple of ways to look at this.

Get it fixed as cheaply as possible.
or
Take this as an opportunity to 'upgrade' the front end & at least upgrade the honda springs at not much extra cost on the basis its apart anyway.

The vendors can assist you with this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts