Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this pic and love it. Can get it in red/black,yellow/black and silver/black. What do you guys think. It is called SR4 and it is based off of the RF-1000.

· Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honda red rider magazine. hrca club.

· Registered
3,925 Posts
not really my thing. I bought Honda leathers years ago (thank God someone trashed them for me ;) ), never again will I buy leathers or a helmet with a bike manufacturer name on it, what if you decide to share the garage between your 600RR and a Aprilia Tuono, you'd look goofy in a Honda helmet and feel you spent that money unwisely.

This will be my next helmet... the OGK FF4

and I'll be an authorized distributor to sell them...

· Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very true jetblast but most people I know have more than one helmet and I would like to replace my hjc with some thing. I do like the OGK though andmight have to look into one.

· Registered
3,925 Posts
Shoei makes a rock solid product in my opinion, so I'm sure the Honda deal is high quality. I have a Shoei RF900 DuHamel and a Arai RX7RR along with a couple of HJC CL-12's but the OGK's really got me fired up. Every review I've read is excellent and they're among the lightest helmets on the planet. I can't wait until the shipments start arriving.

· Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so out of all those which one is your fav?

· Registered
3,925 Posts
The Shoei because it fits my head best.
The Arai isn't made for my head shape (I'm more oval than round) so it's strictly a backup helmet for hotter track days. The HJC's sit in the closet and haven't been used for years.

· Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So this might be a good helmet for me as I have an oval head too. Will have to go and try them on to see how they fit. Thanks for the input.

· Registered
5,302 Posts
I will never buy a helmet on looks, it's all about how it feels. Then if I like the helmets feel then I will see waht colors they have. No use having a pretty helmet if it hurts you to wear it.

G

·
mabbottusmc said:
I will never buy a helmet on looks, it's all about how it feels. Then if I like the helmets feel then I will see waht colors they have. No use having a pretty helmet if it hurts you to wear it.
I feel that way about condoms... :lol2:
I have a KBC now and it's OK, I like the way Shoei's feel and am looking at Suomy and OGK next most likely. I find the Shoei's to be too common, so that turns me off a bit. The Suomy's feel great, but the visor design is a bit lacking in my opinion. OGK I have read great things and heard great tings but have not gotten my hands on one yet, or put my head on one (leave that one alone Marshall!).
I just wish that OGK had DOT approval, as far as I have seen they don't, but then again they hold up to track ause so they probably have better than DOT standards, they just haven't gone through the cost of getting the approval. Kevin, are there OGK's with DOT, SNELL and the various ANSI cert's?
Thanks.

· Registered
2,079 Posts
JetBlast10 said:
The Shoei because it fits my head best.
The Arai isn't made for my head shape (I'm more oval than round) so it's strictly a backup helmet for hotter track days. The HJC's sit in the closet and haven't been used for years.
Great advice right there: the best helmet is the one that fits your head best.

That said, have you tried the Arai RX7RR4 / Corsair? I thought I was strictly a Shoei head, but it turns out that the RX7-based helmets have a different shell shape (from the "traditional" Arai shape) that better accomodates us Shoei-heads. The new Suomy Spec-1R helmets also have a shape that is close to Shoei (but NOT their older Gunwind helmets -- I couldn't even get my head to fit into an XXL Gunwind!).

Shoeis do still fit me best, but the Spec-1R was MUCH lighter (and therefore less fatigue for me), and its fit was close enough for me....

EDIT: Whoops! Just read your previous post, I see you already own an RX7RR...

· Registered
26 Posts
I tried a bunch, but the Arai RX7 were the only ones that fit my head. The fit is perfect snug for me. What's weird is that the helmet is quieter when you sit up and have your head pointed in the right direction. When you tuck in, it seems the helmet makes an inordinate amount of wind noise. I also heard that Arai is one of the heavier helmets out there. I'm all about comfort though, so a few extra ounces doesn't matter much to me.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
jetblast,
let me know how much would the OGK be... im interested in the all black one...
thanks... right now, i have the arai rx7 (mccoy slide king)... i love this helmet but i want another one and i want to try out a different brand... im also looking at the shoei x11 or rf1000... depending on the price...

· Registered
243 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
My RF900 Chimera feels tons better (to me) than the new RF1000! Remember, "It's got to fit ..or it ain't worth a s##t!"
_______RED RR_______
Vinci carbon fiber slip-on
Galfer SS lines
Motul E-Tech 100% synthetic
OEM seat cowl

· Registered
937 Posts
i click on the 'close window' sign on the Arai pic and nothing happens :headscratch:

I've only had AGV helmets, 2 so far. Maybe i'll try something new next year. Mine keep hitting the damn wall as i walk by, scuffs it up with white strieks that are hard to remove. Grrrr

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.