Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have had my bike for 4 days already, before I used to ride a sv650s for 2 years and before that a ninja 250 for 1.5 years. After that it's been like 2 years since I didn't ride anything so I was a little nervous the first couple times I started riding the 600rr but.....
Is it just me or is the bike making me believe that I'm a better rider than I tough? there has been sometimes when I know I did something the wrong way but it feels like the bike corrects it for you, specially in corners when the surface is not even I totally feel like I'm going down but the bike manages to stay up. Are these bikes kind of smart or have sensors or something?

Oh and another question, how do these tires look to you? should I change them any time soon?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Is it just me or is the bike making me believe that I'm a better rider than I tough? there has been sometimes when I know I did something the wrong way but it feels like the bike corrects it for you, specially in corners when the surface is not even I totally feel like I'm going down but the bike manages to stay up. Are these bikes kind of smart or have sensors or something?
You aren't the only one who thinks this. Other people agree that modern sport bikes are designed so well that they often mask or can compensate for a lot of the riding errors that we make. It's a reason why some sport bike riders develop poor riding habits. It's also why some people advocate starting on a non-sport bike to learn how to ride.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I was pretty sure I was getting some help from the bike.

And yeah, love the white :) .
So regarding the tires? do you think I still have enough rubber or should I change them already?
I don't want to spend 300 bucks right now if I don't need to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is your tread depth? What do you think? Do you have enough faith in your tires condition to put your life on them? That last question is the big one......my bike had 1900 miles on it, but the tires were miss matched.....sooo, i bought new ones that matched, and i trusted. To me $300 is worth having faith in the 2 wheels that are keeping me up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah the bikes dont have sensors or smart cards...
but they are designed so well that they do want to keep themselves up...
just be careful learning the bike...they do have the abillity to make you think you are a better rider than you are...
trust me...i have been down more than once and i was riding over my head when i did it because i knew the bike could handle it...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, it's a totally different feel than the sv650s, in a good way of course.
this thing has some real stopping power, and it delivers power pretty nice too.
I'm a conservative and defensive type of rider, I have a son that depends on me so, I don't really want to take any chances.
The guys at the dealer took a look at the tires, the rear one is almost new they said, but I'm changing the front wheel for sure.
I also did my first maintenance on my bike (oil, chain clean,lube and adjustment), what a joy.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Thanks guys, I was pretty sure I was getting some help from the bike.

And yeah, love the white :) .
So regarding the tires? do you think I still have enough rubber or should I change them already?
I don't want to spend 300 bucks right now if I don't need to.
yes, change that front tire asap!

you will feel a world of a difference once u get rid of the stock dunlops. i did the same thing like u a long time ago; replaced the rear with michelin but stuck with the old front tire for a while. but trust me, once you get ur hands on a fresh set of tires (matching ones too) you will feel even more of a positive difference in grip in handling. the PP's are awesome tires. ur rear looks ok, so slap on a new michelin front and ur golden.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rainy

Thanks for the advices guys.

very hot. . how many miles on it ?
It's a 2004 with 4,300 miles on it, I paid $3,200 for it and it came with uninstalled frame sliders and an extra set of plastics (red in color).

thats a clean rr :)
I love the withe on it man.

Any way, rain started in Socal so I had my first ride on the rain and was checking how good the bike would handle it.
It was great, this fu***ng bike is just awsome. It handles really nice on wet streets, I was not expecting that.
You have to love 600rr's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is my first bike so I don't have much to compare it too but I love it. I don't ride too hard.. i only have around 2000 miles seat time but I try to take it easy and push myself slowly. I know that sounds contradictory but that's the only way I can explain it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice bike bro..clean

I'll be picking up my CBR very soon ie. tommorow...tonnes of people told me, CBR is a user friendly bike...and glad you give the same comments

The tyres is the only part that touches the tarmac...I agreed with the rest, get a new set, if possible a good ones like michellin / pirelli

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.