Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello, i need your help. so i was trying to get the licence plate light on. i accidently cut out the taillight wires, so i just tucked in the wire to the harness. " taillight works. then i cut off the licence harness and all the lights worked. later i tried to start my bike and all i hear is the battery rumbling. after a whilte the lights dim. what did i do? bike wont start and i need help !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
it seems your battery has drained itself which probably happened from a short. If you have ay wire exposed or connected incorrectly and making a circuit it will drain your battery. Check all your connection again and make sure everything is properly insulated. If you find nothing make sure you have not connected a hot wire to a ground, that would short your system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok pictures up. again after connecting every back where it should go, the light work. but now when i turn on the switch i hear the buzz. and when i start i dont hear the engine wanting to start, all i hear is the battery tryna start ( i dont know if that mad sense), then after 2-3 tries the lights dim =(

btw when i try to start ,the battery sounds energetic. its just that i dont hear the engine trying to start. i feel like if i charge the battery it would have the same affect. or am i wrong?

·
Registered
245 Posts
the pic is kinda small, but it looks like you have bare wires, or you've hooked something up to a direct short. havy you tried pulling the taillight fuse and seeing if it'll start?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea pic is small, tried bigger but it says files to large. the picture shows just that i cut the wire off its hardness (hopefully nothing serious). where are the fuse box located and which ones the tail light?

·
Registered
245 Posts
fuse box is located in a rubber cover on the left side of the bike. i don't remember if you have to remove the fairing or not. it'll be labeled tail light.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just checked, all fuses are good. lights good until i turn on the switch and start up the bike, the noise comes around the battery area. but no engine noise =(

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
sounds to me like a short as welll........... make sure all of your wires are connected securely or capped off... you may have shorted out the harness... which would suck... i shorted out my front subharness a while back because one of my blinker wires came loose and grounded out....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts