Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is using the counter steering method considerd bad form when make turns? What are the pros and cons to using that method

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
yep...you can try all you want to turn the bars right to go right, but it aint gonna work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe i have been doin it and not knowing it as stupid as it sounds, when i make lane changes i just lean but tonight i was counter steering and it was much more responsive.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
just try it...

go down a straight road, put no input to the bars. then try to turn the bars left to go left. you won't be able to do it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will thank bro

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'll never forget the ride that I 'figured out' countersteering. That was the beginning of me really learning how to ride a motorcycle properly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
once i figured out countersteering i cant see any other way of turning, its natural

·
Registered
564 Posts
to really feel the effect of counter steering, u need to fast bends (opposites, so left then right, or visa versa) close together, so when u are the bike is leaning down on one bend, really pull on the handle bar and feel the countersteering pick ure bike up and put it down for you, settin you up for the next bend.

i know ie explained that shee-yite, but what i mean is, use a really vicious bit of counter steering, too get your bike from lying down one way to the opposite!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
whatever way you are turning, push on bar on the inside of the turn and let it lean bro. the gyroscopic effect of the wheels and inertia does the rest

·
Registered
523 Posts
i remember one of the 1st few days of riding i was riding along and back then it was natural to not counter steer and i had to think about it. needless to say i was fine just look a little more thought untill i was doin 50 on a almost freeway type road went around a turn and almost $hit myself wanted to go left and i started to drift right into the next lane caught myself and all was fine. i have learned better since then...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Counter steering is for nooobs!

Im not counter-steering in this pic, nope... *Sarcasm*

<-------
Bwahahaha...showoff! :all_cohol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts