Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was thinking of putting up a board and marking it everytime I have a very close call on my bike.

I was wandering if anyone else did something like this and what method did they record it?

scratch a piece of board with a knife? pencil and paper? calender markings? computer? phone?

rant*
I usually only get a little mad when someone does something stupid. But every once in a while I get super pissed off at what someone else does. I understand motorcycles are dangerous and hard to see and we usually have to compensate for potential mistakes or other driver error.

This lady yesterday changed lanes in the middle of an intersection(lights) no blinker, and came within 3 feet of sideswiping me and would have pushed me into oncoming traffic(going the other way).
For some reason I got so pissed off at her, I just wanted to either go follow her and yell at her when she stopped or leave a nasty note or punch her or something. I didn't do anything. Not much I can do
I have a habit of never staying directly beside a car if they were to not see me, also blind spots exist when your beside a car but it made me start to think back to how many times did I almost get ran over, someone pulled infront of me, me having to swerve out of the way, or some incident that made me feel like I came close to a really bad accident.

It to me is usually clear when someone cuts you off vs didn't see you. Me riding a flat black bike and black gear, with only minor reflective gear and standard lights, I am not the easiest thing to see so Ive always known to be extra careful.
/rant

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Just gotta remind yourself everytime you get on...this could be it. Stay safe, guys...watch out for yourselves and eachother. Wear the damn gear...it will save your life.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
theres not enough fingers and toes in the world to count all the close calls you'll have!!

bottom line...
KEEP AN EYE ON EVERYONE ELSE AND RIDE LIKE YOUR INVISIBLE, BECAUSE TO SOME... YOU WILL BE!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
^^^+1 I wouldn't want to look at that every day. People suck at driving! Get used to it
x2!

I've gotten cut off 3 times in one day and I've noticed all my close calls were from really old people or female drivers. I honestly think they should pass a law so people at like the age of 60 should stop driving cause they're terrible.:tard:

·
Registered
138 Posts
way to many to keep track of, the good thing is that riding makes you relise how bad of a driver you are and your driving will improve big time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't know about 60+, but they definitely need to make driving tests in this country a WHOLE LOT HARDER! And possibly retest every 10 years or something. It's insane how many people out there are so stupid and are still driving. I get cut off the same on the RR, on the bright yellow Duc I was riding, or in my 4-ton truck!

I always ride (and drive) like I'm invisible... I trust NO ONE!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Your odds are already bad when you raise the kick stand. As long as your cool with that youre all set.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I don't know about 60+, but they definitely need to make driving tests in this country a WHOLE LOT HARDER!
Yeah man I don't know about your state but in Cali esp. cause anyone and everyone drives it's a lot worse with older people on the road. I manage an auto repair/collision shop and I would say 70% of our clientele that get into collisions are older people. Let alone their vision isn't as great, their sense of judgement isn't great, and their reaction time isn't great. Speaking of old people some old lady in her 60-70's I would say pulled out in front of me from her driveway and I had maybe 3-4 ft. braking distance. Don't get me wrong I still have grandparents and even they know not to drive anymore. So ehhh maybe it's just me but when an old man/lady can't bust a u-turn on my empty customer parking lot and ask's me to do it for them, kinda get's to you after a while and makes you think why are they driving in the first place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts