Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received a quote that is too good to be true with Country Insurance here in Cedar Rapids, IA. I've confirmed the policy is for the whole year. At first I thought the Agent meant $176 per month, but she confirmed it was $176/year for full coverage on my 2006 Honda CBR600RR. She said she gets that response all the time, "From people who were quoted $5000 from GEICO when she gives them $300/year policies on their bikes." Does anyone currently have them? Good or bad experiences?

I am 23, this is my first bike, and I live in Iowa. The only catch is that I have to insure my car with them also, but that rate is also cheaper than any others I've gotten (about $1300/year). PLUS, the cost of bundling with renters insurance actually lowers the rate even more. So renters insurance ends up being free/costing me even less than without it.

Full coverage, $250 comp, $500 collision, 100/300/150...

Progressive: $2307/year
GIECO: $2300/year
All State: $2007/year
State Farm: $1900/year
Nationwide: $1771/year
AAA: $1304/year
American Family: Will not insure me
Esurance: Will not insure me
Dairyland: Will not insure me
Country Insurance: $176/year

General reviews I've read online seemed to be mixed. But the people who go online to post reviews about their insurance companies usually have had a terrible experience and just want to vent.

I'm looking for opinions based on experience. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
A lot of those small insurance companies go through larger companies (progressive, geico, etc.).

If they're based out of a brick and mortar business, go in and get their information. Read over all of the fine print and go from there.

·
Bleedin' Honda Red
2,380 Posts
Country is based in our town as well and ive heard good things about them. I work for SF and havent dealt with them personally but alot of clients coming from them have been overall happy with them ( they are just wanting lower premiums :-0 )

·
Registered
263 Posts
sounds awesome. do they have in alabama or texas?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its the real deal i use them for my bike,cars,and house great prices and good customer service imo...
Have you ever had to make a claim on any of those? A company can have great rates for 20 years and then screw you over as soon as you get a claim...That's what a lot of the reviews complained about the most.

I should add they are not owned by a larger company, originated in IL in 1925, and they have branches in 27 states.

Keep the comments/reviews rolling in!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
People have said that they take forever to respond when making a claim but that's all that I've heard. That's weird when i got a quote they gave me the bike for alot cheaper than I pay now but my car was 3X as much. I was like wtf? So, Cedar Rapids huh? I'm up there alot...

·
Registered
34 Posts
damnit....it figures they arent in ky.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have country insurance on my truck and my 2006 CBR600rr and for my bike I am only paying $292.00 for full coverage per year. About $24.00 a month... I'm also 23 yo.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
no availible in TN either...that's probably how they can keep their rates low, they stay away from States like KY & TN where the tornado's hit..LOL

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Looked them up on AM Best. They have a A+ rating, which is pretty good. (Indication of Financial Strength) Not as good as a Geico, State Farm or USAA (A++), but much better than an Esurance, PSIC, or Foremost. They also have a good long term credit rating. I wouldn't have any reservations about using them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looked them up on AM Best. They have a A+ rating, which is pretty good. (Indication of Financial Strength) Not as good as a Geico, State Farm or USAA (A++), but much better than an Esurance, PSIC, or Foremost. They also have a good long term credit rating. I wouldn't have any reservations about using them.
Thanks for your help. I'm going to set up a meeting tomorrow and get a hold of any fine print. I'll post the follow-up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts