Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
66RRJOE said:
1) Is it bad to put around in 6th gear at 5-6k rpm's all day?

2) I run 91 octane all the time will it hurt todo a take full of 100 octane from time to time?

i putt around the same way as you do. I end up flying at least once or twice or three times however when I am riding to clear her out. As for the fuel I run 87 on long trips and the best the gas station has when I am going for rides, i dont think it makes a dif until you get into that racing fuel stuff

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
why are u putting around in 6th gear with 5000 to 6000 rpms ?
race gas wont hurt the bike but will hurt your pocket lol

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
If your bike is already past the initial break in it won't hurt to run around in 6th gear. If you are under 600 miles though you should not be lugging the engine around or holding the engine at a constant RPM for long periods at a time.

100 octane is not needed for a stock bike, serious engine modifications are needed to take advantage of that fuel. Do a search for octane and you will have pages of posts on that discussion.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
then you are getting some false dyno numbers

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
66RRJOE said:
1) Is it bad to put around in 6th gear at 5-6k rpm's all day?

2) I run 91 octane all the time will it hurt todo a take full of 100 octane from time to time?
1) Nope I do it all the time, with the exceptional blast of acceleration every now and then, but regular commuting or cruising like that won't hurt anything at all.

2) Just don't run anything less than what the owner's manual says to. I think it says anything above 85 or 86, anyone know for sure? I don't have mine with me here to look up. But unless you're racing, why run anything that high?

Just my .02.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts