Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions that go allong with the articles wrote in the stickies.

first one is with the wheelie.. Ive been riding for a total of two months, and i have gotten the wheelie down real good in first, and ive learned to shift into 2nd while riding.

my question is how fast is too fast? I see people in videos riding slower wheelies, when i start approaching almost 100mph i begin to wonder if im going too fast? Is there a easy way to regulate speed? i tried the rear brake but it makes it want to fall down.

my second question pertains to the indo/stoppie- no matter how hard i get on the brake, the rear doesnt want to get off the ground. the tutorial mentions "get up to speed" Well what speed are we talking here for a stock 600rr? I want to practice stunts all through the fall and winter.

these are two of my main questions, an im sure ill be back for more later.

thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
231 Posts
MasterShake said:
i suggest riding ur bike alot longer before u do any of these.
I really support "normal" riding before stunting.

You are no where near balance point. Thats why you can't regulate speed with the rear brake. You need to go beyond BP(point where you say o shti and hit the brake to keep from 12ing) if You don't understand the terms I'm using thats a good indication of the amount of saddle time you have.

The stoppie or endo(nose wheelie to the newbs) is basically a controlled chaos.
Giving enough brake and forward jump if your the rider to get the rear to come up while not locking up the front. While not giving to much brake causing a "loop" If you don't understand these terms get more ride time with people with more experience.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Definitely get some more seat time in the bike.. and if your wheelies are accelerating all the time, then you're always chasing BP, hence the High speed...you should get a crf50 to practice and learn brake control on, because you're going to need to know how to rock it past BP and use the brake to keep you from looping...and in order to do slow(er) who0lies you have to be good with throttle & brake control, since you cant slow the wheelie down unless you rock it pass BP, which can be a disaster if you aren't ready..well good luck, wear you gear and take it slow, no rush...

·
Registered
323 Posts
you're chasing it. get lean back a lil more. ask for stoppie, trust me you're not hittin the brake hard enough. you can do stoppie from really any speed from like 10mph+.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive on a few occasions set it back far... enough to scare me pretty badly. i usally put it back down. in the same fears of what everyone said of looping my brand new 06 with 2000 miles.

Street time to me has little relevence to some of this. All riding on the highways here in atlanta with the experienced is going to do is get me in a ton of trouble. I typically find when you go out to ride in this area your either going real fast or not fast period because of traffic, people pulling out in front of you,etc. so you will usually find me out on a nice vacant lot practicing.

I figured that i would have some ridicule, thats why i lurked for so long before i posted.

a couple more questions- is there anyway to determine bymyself how high the bike is getting in refence to something on the bike?. the guage cluster is usally what im watching it usually is sitting facing me like this computer monitor is to my screen. I have heard the higher it gets the slower it will be. friends say its only in the 9-10ish area on a clock... Im assumeing 11 is where the balance begins to come in?

again- im just takeing slow steps reguardless of how fast it seems im moving. I practice for atleast a hour 3 times a week. started off just bunny hopping.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
you need someone to record you so you can see how much farther/higher you need to go, thats what I need done, from what I hear BP is when your forks are parallel to the ground... well good luck, have fun, and be safe.. then post pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats all im doing is sit downs... Whats everyones procedure for stand ups?

I tried a few and it didnt feel too stable to me, are you still clutching up first on a stand up or what?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
rrboy said:
thats all im doing is sit downs... Whats everyones procedure for stand ups?

I tried a few and it didnt feel too stable to me, are you still clutching up first on a stand up or what?

For stand ups I recommend staggard stance and yes clutch it up..I bounce clutch..

Staggards gonna feel a little akward at first but once you get used to it you'll never go back..

+1 on the crf50..Rock one with a bmx peg on the left side on the axle and practice your wheelies on that..Paying $1200 for a 50 is alot cheaper than paying for damaged incurred on a flipped bike (not saying that you'll crash or anything, just bringing up a point)..

Keep on practicing and take it slow no need to rush..

·
Registered
41 Posts
i dont think looking at pictures of yourself is going to help u find bp.. mate u know your there when u dont have to keep on the throttle to keep it up...

keep it in first and try getting it higher and higher as u feel more confident, first time u hit BP u will **** yourself, trust me...

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
pictures dont help you find bp,IMO it just helps you figure out where you are, ie: if you arent going back far enough then you'll know, that I need to rock it back farther.

·
Registered
767 Posts
youll feel that bike get real light and swoop forward right from under ya..while ya bars are gonna be above ya head thats when u know you a man...

·
Registered
382 Posts
i kept thinkin i was hitting balance point. trust me. ITS WAY higher than you could ever imagine. i almost dont care to hit balance point its so high. ahahha. id rather be right below it and accelerate just a lil. my throttle control is getting really good. i just hav eto tell myself right before i go to pull her up "dont be scared" and it usually works. its instinct to let it off.

and how the hell are you shifting from 1-n-2 seriously. when i was a idiotic newb i tried that and would just kick it into neutral. your going to kill yourself. think about things before you do it. seems like your desire to do it is higher than your safety. just be safe and take it slow

·
Registered
767 Posts
u want attention post the video!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sproket13 said:
and how the hell are you shifting from 1-n-2 seriously. when i was a idiotic newb i tried that and would just kick it into neutral. your going to kill yourself. think about things before you do it. seems like your desire to do it is higher than your safety. just be safe and take it slow
its not hard.. First time or two it went into neutral on me too... You gotta get it just right... You can not use the clutch either. I would rev it all the way just before redline above 14k rpm and just bump it right into 2nd.

how does everyone steer wheelies? Sometimes i notice i veer to one direction pretty good so i dont usually practice on a steet just a lot till i figure out how?

·
Registered
382 Posts
you are doing something wrong. your going to die. please stop. and look at what your doing. lol. seroiusly. start in second. you scare me.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
how the hell do you shift from 1st to 2nd at 14k on one wheel? you must have one hell of a back brake. +1 on the video.

·
Registered
41 Posts
rrboy said:
its not hard.. First time or two it went into neutral on me too... You gotta get it just right... You can not use the clutch either. I would rev it all the way just before redline above 14k rpm and just bump it right into 2nd.

how does everyone steer wheelies? Sometimes i notice i veer to one direction pretty good so i dont usually practice on a steet just a lot till i figure out how?

just shift your body weight to the side u want the bike to go.. it takes a while to get used too.. and when your shiftin man i prob wouldnt do it in such high revs, i have never tried shifting but have heard its better to do lower in the revs for a smoother shift.. but not to low that u will bog it down in revs..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts