Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...

I am moving out of my house in the next week, and into an apartment that has underground parking. I have looked around for covers, but not sure what I should go with, I would like to get one that I can lock at the bottom....not sure if there is anything I would be able to chain my bike to, so anyone have any suggestions on what type of lock or other theft deterrent I should use? (For my future bike, 2 weeks away...just want to be prepared for when I do get it.)

Thanks in advance!

Scott

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SFF900 --- Yeah I know...I will have full coverage on it....where I will be parking it should be alright...but you never know.....thanks!

cvlighthouse --I will check into those...probably just get a lock and cover for now...I know someone could still just pick it up and carry it away....anyway...thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
basically all you can do is take the key with you and have insurance, if someone really wants your bike they'll get it, I know thats not what you want to hear but its true, you should probably be alright, underground parking should be pretty secure, only people that live in the apt complex have garage door openers right? I know thats not exactly fool proof but better than just a parking lot. The other option is a fuel pump kill switch hidden somewhere on the bike that you flip when you leave it, but that doesnt really help if they are picking it up and putting it in a truck or a big van. Maybe just non-chalantly tape a copy of your concealed weapons permit and appointment card for your next psychiatrist visit to the bike and hope any would-be thieves get the idea

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Biker_Foiz --- that looks pretty safe...hopefully I will have something to lock my bike up to like that....

cvlighthouse -- thanks for the links!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts