Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oooooooooooooooo epoxy.. lol ya i knew bout that, lol i thought you ment some type of actuall welding lmao, i was goin to use epoxy, how did you apply ..like glued the 2 pieces togethre of did you fill the crack then paint it..

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's plastic epoxy. Stuff is awesome. I've put together a scooter headset that was cracked about 9 different ways...it looks brand new now (from the outside). I used it to make a custom turn signal housing for my RX-7. Hell, I even used it to fix the shower head mount in my bathroom. It's amazingly versatile stuff. Use the plastic weld on the underside, build it up a little so it's good and strong. Use plastic body filler on the top side to smooth out the crack. Sand, prime, paint, and buff.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you have steady hands, you can always pull the front cowl off and use a soldering iron on the inside. once you "melt" the crack together from the inside, then use the epoxy to fill in the trough. it will make if more sturdy doing it this way, but you have to be careful not to melt it all the way through and allow it to bubble.

skoot

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
oooooooooooooooo epoxy.. lol ya i knew bout that, lol i thought you ment some type of actuall welding lmao, i was goin to use epoxy, how did you apply ..like glued the 2 pieces togethre of did you fill the crack then paint it..
It is a type of actual welding...in a sense.... you melt a plastic rod to fill in and join the crack you have. Sure its not electrical welding, but the principal is the same..... your joining two pieces together to make one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts