Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

So I recently took a spill, rebuilding my 05 600rr one piece at time. I have a black series TBR slip on, but it was cracked - and the mid pipe was bent - in a recent high side. For the most part it looks fine, aside from what looks like splintered carbon fiber **** in the canister. Essentially the slip on is somewhat blocked but not by more than 35% of the diameter of the slip on. I'm sure this can't help performance, but is this potentially damaging my engine? I'm gonna swap it out when I can afford it but would prefer to get it running before I drop 500 on another exhaust. I was thinking hyperflo? I'm buying a new tbr midpipe from TBR and slipping it back into place. That runs about 130 from them. Should this be ok for casual riding for a couple months? No track days or anything. I can upload pics if you need em, but my has me pinned to the bed until morning so it'll have to wait.

Thanks!

Ps edit I wasn't really clear, the only thing that seems inoperable is the mid pipe - hence why I'm replacing it. The actual slip on is cracked but for the most part looks structurally intact.

·
Registered
648 Posts
if the muffler is cracked but nothing is obstructing the flow of exhaust (muffler caved in,etc), then you should be fine as its only cosmetic damage. I would replace that mid pipe when you could. I dont think it'll hurt your engine. Its not like you cracked your block or anything

1 - 2 of 2 Posts