1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
wow...that was mad five-o

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yea...it is bad over here...I live about 30 - 35 mins away from the gap and the THP and BCSD are everywhere. If you all plan to ride this year wait about another 3 weeks and they are supposed to slack up. If anyone is planning on riding the gap in the next three weeks go early in the morning (8-10am) or later in the evening (5:30 or after).

·
Registered
159 Posts
No Sh!t! There are tons of other roads to ride here that are really twisty its just that none of them are as publicized as "the dragon."

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was up there this past sat. from about 1:30 - 3pm and it seemed like there was a THP or a BCSD at every pull off, and they were stopping everyone. One guy got pulled over for doing 36 in a 30 :police: I went back at around 6:15pm and didn't see any LEOs.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
My dad just got back from a ride down to Florida. Went through Tennessee and was close to the Gap. Well he was riding this twisty road and met some locals. they said there are other roads that are just as good and you don't have to worry about all the traffic. Maybe some locals can chime in.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yea...it is bad over here...I live about 30 - 35 mins away from the gap and the THP and BCSD are everywhere. If you all plan to ride this year wait about another 3 weeks and they are supposed to slack up. If anyone is planning on riding the gap in the next three weeks go early in the morning (8-10am) or later in the evening (5:30 or after).
Appreciate the heads up. PM me next time you plan on ridin' it. I'm about 2 hours away.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Appreciate the heads up. PM me next time you plan on ridin' it. I'm about 2 hours away.
Will do...we ride about every weekend, just not on deals gap. There are several really good roads to ride in western nc, we hit up the less popular ones.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Anyone else notice how badly that guy was target fixating on the THP on the side of the road? Probably lucky he wasnt going at any decent speed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. We are planning on being in the area the week of Sept. 10th and we are planning our first trip down the tail.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Anyone else notice how badly that guy was target fixating on the THP on the side of the road? Probably lucky he wasnt going at any decent speed.
probably so we could see 'em =p

thats a sh1t load of cops...and i'm sure there are some great roads around there esp since its all mountains...

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
wow, THP is fully manned! prolly why theres noone patrolling at night coz they use all the force in the day.

sorry for the riders down there, the gap has been highly publicized thats why theyre trying to cut it down to save lives and limbs.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If Johnny Law is all up the the tail of the dragon, i'm betting all the other roads are seriously underpatrolled...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, from what I have read, the police working are being paid from a special allotment set aside for this. So I am guessing it is having very little impact to the usual shifts..

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
daaaaaaaaamn! they must be handing out free donuts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
While they are wasting their time with deals gap, who is protecting the rest of the state from the rapist, murders and pedofiles? Who cares as long as the gap is protected?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts