Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the ride Saturday with the SoCal crew someone noticed that my front upper had some cracks. At first I thought it was the Graphics pulling up until I looked closer and noticed that it was a crack running all the way through it in a few spots. It was pretty much a spider web running from two of the three bolts that connect it to the mid plastics. Nothing hit it and it hasnt been dropped and I know I didnt torque down on the bolts way too tight so I think it is a problem with the plastics. :bebored: I am going to take it to the dealership to try and get it warrantied. Anyone know if there is a chance that they are going to say no since I put on new blinkers or anything like that. :banghead:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not sure, just depends on how much they value your business, are you sure it is all the way through the plastic and just not spider cracks in the clear??? or paint itself, tha happens with plastic, and could happen, would be rare but i am sure it is not out of the question. :idea:

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
it all depends on if they want to be dicks or not. It was weird. That middle bolt did crack it because it spidered out from there but who knows how it happened.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It cracked all the way through and just went all over the place. It may have been Marshall who saw it. It did it on two of the bolts though. I am going to see about taking it today. Do we have any hook ups at Honda dealers in SoCal if the place I bought it from doesnt want to do it?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I noticed something similar on mine, Then i realized it was because of the Volvo that hit me. :bitchslap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts