Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is in the wrong section please move to the correct section.

Has anyone gone on craigslist to look at bikes for sale and emailed/called the seller to see if they would sell some aftermarket parts? I just got done looking on craigslist and I see a lot of bikes aren't moving and seems like a good thing for some sellers to just sell some of the aftermarket parts on the bike and get what they can. May come up on some good deals.

Win for you and win for the seller. They can lower the price and hopefully move the bike faster. Has anyone tried and what were your results?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've tried a couple of times and the answers were either they were going to keep the aftermarkets parts because if they don't sell the bike, they were just going to keep it, or the other answer is the want almost what the part costs new. You just have to find the right seller I guess.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I emailed just about everyone selling their bike and "including stands" because I needed stands... no one was willing to sell the stands separately... which I thought was a little stupid on their part -- I don't think adding stands to a sale of the bike actually increases the value.

I think this would work if people knew what they were doing... because if they did, they would know a stock vehicle is worth more than a modified vehicle. If I was selling a bike and had say... a full exhaust.. and someone offered me cash+stock exhaust for my aftermarket, you would have to be a moron not to take it... but we have a lot of morons out there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know I was saying the samethings myself. You make more money off the stock bike than you do the mods b/c not everyone is interested in the same mods. Mods are like clothes and everyone has their own style.

Funny I saw a bike I had agreed to buy from a guy on there but he backed out b/c he wanted more money and that was 4 months ago. I saw him posting the same bike still and asking for less money than what I was going to give him.....moron.

Yeah I would easily sell the aftermarket parts to make some money back and then sell the bike with stock items. I think I will hit a few people up to see what they say.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
^ not an idiot man maybe he just needed the money bad... what if u loose ur job tomrow and need to sell ur bike... u price it as low as u can afford and some jerkoff offers 500$ less... u of course say no, the market gets worse and worse so u loose even MORE $$$ ... put urself in others shoes before calling them an idiot. i feel bad enough for them that they gota sell their bike for a good price let alone not being able to sell it at all :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
^ not an idiot man maybe he just needed the money bad... what if u loose ur job tomrow and need to sell ur bike... u price it as low as u can afford and some jerkoff offers 500$ less... u of course say no, the market gets worse and worse so u loose even MORE $$$ ... put urself in others shoes before calling them an idiot. i feel bad enough for them that they gota sell their bike for a good price let alone not being able to sell it at all :(

Damn bro... Sounds like someone struck a nerve with you!! It's good to know that you got our back if we ever get down on our luck :five:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the guy was being a idiot. When we made the deal I actually talked him down was still overpaying. The only reason he went up on price was that he bought a new rear tire & fairing for it (which he previously told me was fine and both didn't need replacing). Makes me wonder whatelse he lied about. I love that "mint condition" quote and when it comes time to buy then it's "well here are 2 SMALL problems with it" His rationale for increasing the price was that "it's the summer...everyone wants a motorcycle and prices will be going up b/c of the demand." Looks like he didn't guage the economy and forgot it is a buyers market especially here in Minnesota where you only get about 4 months or riding time.

His rationale when he called it off the day before I was suppose to get it was that he didn't want/need to sell it and would keep it. It is a '06 cbr600 and he wanted 6k for it. Think i was gonna give him 5800 for it which included him bringing it to me since at the time I didn't know how to ride.

But you know wat your right, he isn't a idiot, he just made me save more money in the end when I bought a '06 from someone else for less.

·
Registered
853 Posts
When I was in the market for a bike, I stayed away from heavily modded bikes as my thought was those bikes were more likely more abused... raced, stunted, etc. So those mods didn't any any value to the bike for me, on the contrary. I eventually bought a new 07.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well this sucks.....

Guy is selling a '05 cbr600 for $4750 and it has a full hamaguchi exhaust on it.
I called him to see if he would sell it and offered cash and my stock exhaust for it.
The guy hesitated for a minute and then declined.

I may call him back and offer $300 and my exhaust (he doesn't have another exhaust to put on to sell with the bike) That was he can still sell it for the same asking price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts