Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp_JWy7FXoA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've only had about 10 minutes to look at it. But short story.. Started my bike yesterday and pulled it out of the garage to let trash cans out and pulled it back in. started fine both times. Now today I went to start it and this is happening. .. I checked the fuses and so far they all looked fine. The fuel pump is priming. And when I tried to start under WOT It was trying to start. But couldn't get it to fire upfully. It was even pumping out some exhaust lol had a definite fuel smell to it.. I ride my bike almost every day rain or shine. It's a 2011 with 7k miles on it now. The sun is out and it's stuck inside. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
541 Posts
Keep doing the WOT starting procedure until it starts.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm wondering what u think WOT does.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wondering what u think WOT does.

opens the throttle body blade to allow more air into the combustion chamber so you have more air than fuel. Thus allowing your engine to fire and start! plus being these have such a higher compression ratio than a car. i believe the bike is 12.1:1 it would be easier to flood it..

do the same thing when my carb on my camaro floods... its that or wait a big chunk of time to wait for the fuel to evap

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I could very wrong. I know cars not bikes lol so please let me know if i'm way off... also a friend called and said he's sure it's the starter clutch. This is new to me also. Couldn't find much reading on that

·
Registered
836 Posts
Good answer...I always get worried when people start pushing around the WOT method for starting a non starting bike! But u have a good grip on the point of it all! So my question to you is...you mentioned there was some exhaust output...was there any smoke and if so what color was it? Black blue or white?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I was just going to add that to my reply about the starter motor/clutch

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good answer...I always get worried when people start pushing around the WOT method for starting a non starting bike! But u have a good grip on the point of it all! So my question to you is...you mentioned there was some exhaust output...was there any smoke and if so what color was it? Black blue or white?

Light grey. Kinda like what you see on cold start. It looks normal but just coming out at a fog machine rate

·
Registered
836 Posts
Can't view the video for reason but by the smoke color sounds like the air/fuel ratio is very rich so that puts flood on the table but at the same time if you haven't started it(been able to start it) since yesterday or whenever...it is technically a cold start so the ratio would be super rich by design anyway! I have to think of this for a lil bit...if anything I'll talk to my instructor tomorrow and see what he thinks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't view the video for reason but by the smoke color sounds like the air/fuel ratio is very rich so that puts flood on the table but at the same time if you haven't started it(been able to start it) since yesterday or whenever...it is technically a cold start so the ratio would be super rich by design anyway! I have to think of this for a lil bit...if anything I'll talk to my instructor tomorrow and see what he thinks!

Yes this is true and yesterday when I started it and moved it the bike wad only on for about 5 second so it was still in fuel enrichment then shut it off after I had pulled it into the garage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts