Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gentlemen

I am in need of some help. I got a 05 CBR RR that I am putting in a formula car that we are building.

I have bypassed all the sensors (side stand, bank, ignition, start stop, and neutral) it cranks over fine, but will not fire.

I have checked to see if I have spark and fuel. I have also tested to see if I get signals at the connecters, both systems run on the same ground and are good. The coils are getting powered but the field is not getting closed and making spark.

The area that I am not to sure about is the crank sensor. I was looking at some specs on testing it and it says to make sure you have 0.7V with it disconnected and cranking. I have 0.3V but I am using a normal multi meter and don’t know if I need something more sensitive.

The other thing is I have bypassed everything like I said but there still is lots of loose connecters for things like the brake lights and other small things and I don’t know if that is preventing things from happening.

I also don’t know if this system comes with an alarm.

Thanks for your help gentlemen.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
does it have honda hiss, if so you need the sensor in the key on the bike.... this stops it from firing but not turning over....

·
Registered
223 Posts
hmm... the brake lights and other lights shouldn't cause a problem (actually not 100% sure about the headlights...). But you're saying that you're not getting a spark? I would look over the wiring diagram and trace back some wires (sorry, I don't have a '05 diagram). Did the engine run before you put it in the formula car? Is this for as SAE formula car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crank but no Start 05 CBR RR (reply)

Hi Guys

yes it is a SAE race car that we are building. i have the wirring diagram and have walk through it a few times.

i am not to sure of the "hiss" that you are talking about so i will try to look into that a little more.

Also about the manual kill switch??? i dont know if there is something that i am missing, if you could explain it a little more about were i would find it. I did not see anything like that on the diagram.
Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
If it was on the bike it would be on the right clip-on... thats where the start switch is and kill switch.. also holds the throttle..

You have the key switch and start/kill switch from the bike? You really can't bypass the them without rewiring the thing...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
SAE: Society of Automotive Engineers. It's a college group that builds a mini formula car that is crazy fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts