Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding the other day and my 2005 cbr600rr bogged down and died. Had to push it home 2 miles. I've checked for spark and has a great spark. Fuel pump primes and the injectors fire. I checked the kickstand switch, it is good. I can get the bike to run for a moment with half throttle while cranking but it is very rich and smells of fuel bad. All fuses are good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you tested the charging system? (Battery, stator, regulator/rectifier)
If not here's how:

Had my bike bog down and die too awhile back. Turns out the stator went bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tested the charging system? (Battery, stator, regulator/rectifier)
If not here's how:

Had my bike bog down and die too awhile back. Turns out the stator went bad.
Thanks for the feedback ninja. I tested the stator and came back good, no breaks in the coils. I'm getting good spark and good fuel pressure. I looked for codes on the fi connector and got codes for the map sensor as well at number 1 secondary injector. Would the injector cause a no start? I don't think the map would cause a no start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your connections to the injectors , bike wont start with faults on Primary and Secondary injectors
Hey meatybeaty. I forgot but I had disconnected the injector and tried starting it, hinse the code. Doesn't throw the code now after resetting the codes. I think I have found the problem. I believe it to be a bad TPS sensor. Everything check out on it except for resistance at the sensor. Think it's telling the ecu to add to much fuel at start up and fouling out the plugs.
The pump won't prime with a fault in the fuel system.
Yeah, It primes everytime. Got good spark.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had the same problem with you.i have search everything on bike for loose connections,injectors plugs,stator state,battery state EVERYTHING but nothing.
so i paint the bike blue and threw it at sea,just kidding.
i have download a program for honda ecu which revealed that the ecu stored a fault at primary and secondary injectors.i have clear the fault codes on ecu and boom she fired up within half a second.
the program is from mcu innovations.
give it a try

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had the same problem with you.i have search everything on bike for loose connections,injectors plugs,stator state,battery state EVERYTHING but nothing.
so i paint the bike blue and threw it at sea,just kidding.
i have download a program for honda ecu which revealed that the ecu stored a fault at primary and secondary injectors.i have clear the fault codes on ecu and boom she fired up within half a second.
the program is from mcu innovations.
give it a try
Thank man, I will give it a try.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Have you tried emptying the tank and re-fuelling, also Cam pulse generator ,although it should throw up a code check that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts