Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need to purchase a crankcase set or will the lower from a different bike match up with the upper from my bike

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Same year, same bike it should not be a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanx i just wasnt sure cuz the dealer would only sell upper and lower and iv heard that they need to b identical

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Might be, but your upper should work if they match the same. Maybe sombeody that
knows for sure can chime in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
**** so better 2 get a mechanic 2 do it is their any parts i should replace while im in their the engine only has 650 miles

·
Registered
223 Posts
For the price it will probably cost somebody to do it for you you'd probably be better off getting a whole new motor off ebay, when i was looking for a spare i saw them going for cheap, around $300-$400 for just the motor. Why are you replacing the lower half anyway? Did you crack the block? Happened to my buddies 954 when he dumped it, took the motor out and brought it into a metal worker and the guy welded it for under a hundred bucks and the motor has been running strong for the past 2 years since, no issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wish i tried that but it got dumped so bad that u cant reweld it cuz its cracked in 3 diff places where u screw in the bolts dat hold the clutch cover ands a big piece broke of the case on the bottom right the tube thing that come out of the oil filter or somethin i think its the gallery the guys told me it would cost alot to fix cuz they have to re-thread it or somethin and the engines rent that cheap well not anymore they go far like 700+ and i have 2 pay to get it installed anyways i just bough the bottom case for 100 bucks

·
Registered
58 Posts
You need both sides of the crank case. They are a matched set. There is more than one casting and the fit has to be perfect. we tried with one and it just doesn't match up as well as both sides together. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Yeah, for the price of a rebuild at a dealer you could probably find a whole engine to put in there yourself. Ebay man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts