Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I post a new topic...long but not good. I'll save you five minutes....went down, all is ok, need new plastics.

First of all, JP, sorry I ruined the ride. We'll do better next time...that is if you still want to ride again, if I were you, I probably wouldn't :bitchslap:

I felt a little off all day, I took a couple of turns a little wide, I felt funny on the bike, I don't know why...and well, it didn't have a happy ending.

It all happened on a 15mph right-hander going down on a bit of a steep downhill. The turn starts out a little wide, but it tightens big time at the bottom. I slowed down to about 25, maybe less, and downshifted to 2nd. I really hadn't realized how tight the turn would be until I got to the bottom (yes, I'm a newbie). I thought I wouldn't be able to make the turn, so I straightlined it right into a ditch. I couldn't have been going at more than 5mph when I hit the grass, but a couple of feet into it, the front tire washed out from under me and I lowsided...for about 3 to 5 feet maybe less.

Aftermath: broken right turn signal, scrached rear cowl, cracked upper and side fairings, and one blown fuse :?: left blinkers still work, but the gauges won't light up :?: I think the crack on the side fairing is right where the sliders sitting on my desk :bitchslap: :banghead: should go, so I'm keeping it. If anyone has a yellow upper for sale, please PM me.

I inspected myself closely when I got home. I couldn't even find the sign of a bruise, but my ego has been stepped on, dragged through the mud, and run over :( But I'll recover...in fact, I'm off to the gym to exorcise the demons.

We didn't go 10 over the speed limit all day. I wasn't riding over my head. I feel bad not because I fell and bruised the bike, but because I didn't even try to make the turn. I know I slowed down enough to where I could have easily made it.

:bitchslap: myself.

Sorry for the long post...I'm pissed and had to let it out.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It happens dude. Have you been able to take the MSF? If you haven't, I would recommend it. Also, I would hold off on the plastics until you get more experience. Get back on her and ride!!!!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I took the MSF course right after I got my first bike.

It was just a bad day. I'll be out there again as soon as I get some new turn signals and the sliders installed.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
its ok bro i know how you feel brush it off and consider yourself lucky
it could have been worse get back on your bike and go riding keep your chin up man ;-)

·
Registered
525 Posts
sounds just like my incident, but i was lucky enough to have frame sliders - but unlucky in that my bike tumbled.

glad you're okay.

there's some yellow plastics on ebay right now. there's one upper on sale...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2484919671&category=35583

i'd buy it myself and repaint it to replace my own busted fairing, but i emailed the guy who was selling it, and he didn't seem very trustworthy. but you might be willing to take the risk... good luck on the rebuild.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Those decreasing radius turns are a BIATCH!! Get some books too, I recommend Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist (I & II), Sport Riding Techniques and Total Control. Glad the bike took most of the damage ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts