• Not yet - knock on wood

Votes: 47 29.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the time you purchased your bike, how long till you dropped her?

·
Registered
587 Posts
My current bike i have never crashed...it was 1 year old in Jan. My first bike however a 600f2 i hisided at about 120 about 6 months after i bought it. My second bike zx6 i skidded on some crap in the road and lowsided no major damage bout a year in. third bike gsxr600 never crashed. HAd it for 3 years sold it and the dude that bought it got in a hi speed chase 2 days later and ditched it on a back road...the cops came lookin for me cuz he still had my tag on it..that was fun.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Been on a couple bikes for the last 2 years and I havent went down yet..(as blackhills said damn right knock on wood) and im only 18...ha hopefully have plenty of wreck free miles ahead of me.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
cbrocket600 said:
My current bike i have never crashed...it was 1 year old in Jan. My first bike however a 600f2 i hisided at about 120 about 6 months after i bought it. My second bike zx6 i skidded on some crap in the road and lowsided no major damage bout a year in. third bike gsxr600 never crashed. HAd it for 3 years sold it and the dude that bought it got in a hi speed chase 2 days later and ditched it on a back road...the cops came lookin for me cuz he still had my tag on it..that was fun.
Wow you sold your bike to a squid!

and you highsided at 120? mph?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Haven't let the RR hit the gravel yet, and intend never to do so.. Crashed my first bike (can-of-tuna) within the first 3 weeks.. maybe less i dunno.. i clicked one month.. I also had a couple "stand-still" drops with it.. Glad I learned some good lessons on that before I got a nice bike!

·
Registered
857 Posts
crashed the crap out of my 1999 bandit after about 6 months. dropped my 2001 f4 at stand still after about 6 weeks but it fell in the grass.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
totaled my r6 on the fifth month then i bought my double r and dropped that one a week later...my luck.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
my first bike I droped twice in the same week during the second month, the first time I was make a left and didnt see some gravel on rode and lowsided. Luckely the crub went down to the wheelchair access on the corner and just slid up that instead of bashing into the square part. The second time, four days later, at palomar i went into a turn, i guess l target fixated as some would say, and went into the dirt lowsided. that was all on an f4. After that got my rr. No wrecks and hope there wont be none for a while or ever for that matter

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
dropped it first week - trying to get in between neighbor's car and my car - of course, i dropped it on my neighbor's car... no real damage ... then crashed in 2005 (twice)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
oops, voted wrong. I dropped it during the first 20 feet of riding any bike (27 miles on odometer after having my friend ride it home from the dealer) while stopping at the stop sign. Then dropped it on the other side of the bike doing a u-turn and first crash at 5-15mph with 300 miles on odometer. (Cold tires? What's that?). Then crashed at 40-50mph on lefty at 6800 miles, bike washed out. (Who said you can't ride in 28 degree weather?) That's learning the hard way. =P

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
My RR is my first bike never rode one before. I've had mine almost a year and almost 11,000 miles and she hasnt touched the ground. Not even a fall over. I did take the MSF. I give all the credit to it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bought it in August of 04, crashed it in March of 06, been riding for 3yrs. Tucked the front at a trackday in group 4.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts