Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowsided my 600rr in the roundabouts. Happend as soon as I started to lean and I just washed out. Not to sure how to be honest (I’ve gone around them 100s of times). First crash in 3 years of riding. Frame sliders I had saved my bike for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you OK?

Maybe grit on the line?

Damage is minimal, go back to scene and see if you can retrieve the upper cowling bit.

I’m fine was wearing all my gear expect my legs got abit scraped up so I’m planning on buying leather pants. And yes I got the peice back. I didn’t go over any painted lines going into the turn and can’t remember what happened since I was shocked. All I remember is the bike not griping and it just kept going down until I was off of it.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
So sorry, seems like grit.....it can be invisible, and offers no traction to front wheel.......

Give yourself several days to recover.....

make your bike right.

That'll make you feel better right away!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So sorry, seems like grit.....it can be invisible, and offers no traction to front wheel.......

Give yourself several days to recover.....

make your bike right.

That'll make you feel better right away!

I went home after the incident and went back for a ride later on since it was such a nice day and I’m in Canada so those are rare. Sucks since I just got the bike and took care of it and put a lot of time into it but it’s not really that bad the damage. Bought the same corsa screen for $80 on kijiji the same day, got new oes frame sliders and getting new bar ends soon. Also did a temporary touch up on scrapes.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude.
Low-siding on roundabouts is a surprisingly frequent occurrence here, as lorries can sometimes slop a few drops of diesel on the road as they go round them. If 10+ lorries do it, then that's quite an invisible hazard. Especially if there's a petrol station on the roundabout too (as is very common here in the UK)

So if there was no grit, if it was a dry day, and your tyres warm... I'd say it was probably some diesel on the road surface.
Just shitty luck :( and frustrating too, as it's not like you did anything wrong that you can learn from. Other than I guess trying a more straight line through the roundabout to avoid where lorries might travel around it... but that's not always possible.

As long as you're alright, that's the main thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts