Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at a stunt clinic today and buddy who was holding the clinic put my baby down.

Damage:

Blinkers all the way around , not broken just scuffed.

Clip ons: left side bent, Rt. side broken

bent left rearset and broken footpeg

bent right brake pedal and broken footpeg

L side mirror broken

Cracked engine casing

Should I claim it on my insurance, or just fix it on my own. I don't know how this will impact my insurance premium. I have a perfect driving record at the age of 32.

Anyone out there have any advice? Buddy that crashed the bike is willing to pay for all the parts and will put them on himself, I just dont know which one will take longer of the 2 to get me back on the road, that's my main concern.

Pics : www.kaoschoppers.com/crashedcanary.htm

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I don't know how this will impact my insurance premium.
If you play, you pay.

Has nothing to do with insurance, it has to do with ethics.
Kudos to your buddy for paying. Most say they will then disappear.
I would never make a claim while I have my bike on the track because i know this is out of the ordinary event that I choose to participate in.
If you want to learn to stunt... I think the same applies.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pavelowcc78 said:
Your buddy will pay/install all parts vs. claiming it on your insurance??

That is a no-brainer IMO....better start looking on ebay for your parts!! :Vroam: 0
That's what I thought too but it's just a matter of how long it will take him he has a ton of bikes at the shop and how soon we can get the parts in and get them all put on is another issue all together. I guess being patient is part of the game.
I wish I would have taken the zx6 out instead.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikesamillion said:
after you finish kicking your buddys ass, sound like a good time to upgrade. if he has a shop he should be able to get good parts at a good price.
Yeah we talked about getting the parts replaced with aftermarket stuff as opposed to OEM so I'm going to opt for the good [email protected]

On the bright side I learned to to a kick ass wheelstand on the RR!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mabbottusmc said:
I would have some kind of contract. Make sure you cover your ass.
I normally think that way but since this is a club type of thing I feel that's not really the moral thing to do. There were a number people at the event and they all saw the incident, heard him say he would be buying the parts and we have video and photo footage.
Also, being that we're on a local forum by the end of the night 100s of people will know. However, the guy is an old respected member of the board, so his reputation is at stake. That to me is more valuable, should be to him as well.

Good advice on your behalf nonetheless. I'll have to suggest to him to have waivers for the next event that people must sign before he rides their bikes.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jesus does this guy have issues not ridding his own bike... acutualy I think he does if he knows hes going to down it... I wouldnt trust any one with my bike at any kind of track/stunt clinic etc, let them risk their own ****.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There may be more going on here than meets the eye! IMO you should have the frame checked for any unseen damage....make sure that nothing is bent or sprung. Then... go about fixing the cosmetics! It ain't gonna' be cheap :shock: but at least it'll be done correctly!

_______RED RR_______
Vinci carbon fiber exhaust
Galfer SS lines
Tomahawk-black
Motul E-Tech 100% synthetic
OEM seat cowl

"The BITTERNESS of poor quality remains long after the SWEETNESS of a cheap price is forgotten!"

C

·
0 Posts
Ya I 've had my buddy put my bike down. It sucks. He took it into the shop and had them fix it. It was like $1600 and 3 weeks. Are the plastics damaged? I have a stock left and right peg and right rearset w/ brake. I also have stock blinker lenses if needed.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cvlighthouse said:
Ya I 've had my buddy put my bike down. It sucks. He took it into the shop and had them fix it. It was like $1600 and 3 weeks. Are the plastics damaged? I have a stock left and right peg and right rearset w/ brake. I also have stock blinker lenses if needed.....
Plastics are a little scuffed on a couple places but nothin major.

How much for the pegs and rearset, the blinker lenses are intact but won't seem to stay snapped on to the cases. What are you asking $$$ wise? PM me if you want.
I'm starting to spiral into a depression from not being able to mount up at will.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts