Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were riding on some country roads, going right about the speed limit, and going into a turn i downshifted, and right as i did that my back wheel was on some gravel and broke loose just enough that i couldnt keep it. i had it somewhat under control, once i hit that grass is when i really lost it, then it hit the ditch and flew into the air. Mo injuries to me. Insurance agent is coming over at 2:00 today. I will post again once he leaves.

hard to see in pic, but front end is all crooked and bent

Is that green puddle suppose to be there? :(

Give me your opinion. since all of the plastics are going to be replaced other then the right lower, and the front bracket is bent up, frame is scratched, engine cover scratched, may be other things i havent noticed, do you think they will total it out. I have a buddy that was pretty similar to my situation and they totaled his out, different insurance company though. If so i guess i will have a new blue one to post pics of. Just wondering what you guys think.

·
Registered
379 Posts
From what i can see in the pics and with it leaking radiator fluid and all. doesnt look to promising from here. I bet they total it. Glad you didn't get hurt. if they total it what are yuo going to get then????

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04 blue 600rr or 04 black/ silver, i have rode the kawi 636, the new gsxr and i love the rr. but lets not get ahead of ourselves. well see what happens first with this one.

·
Registered
937 Posts
is there a possibility of buying the bike back from the insurnace company?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Man that sucks! I always hate to see these posts. Glad to hear your ok though, good luck with it all.

Jason

C

·
0 Posts
It doesn't look that bad.. . That sounds like a typical gravel under tire situation.... Gotta watch out for those ;-) It's to bad you have to report it and get the points on your driving record....

Glad your okay. What kind of gear did you have on?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i had my lid, leather jacket, and icon riding boots, just jeans for pants, the fall really wasnt that bad, i was at about 15 when i went down

The scratches on the frame are not deep or anything, just light surface, will that still total it most likeley. i will get a pic in a bit

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here is a pic of the frame
like i said the scratches are minimal, but if i am gonna be paying my deductable, every damn thing is going to be fixed.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
check with your insurance company as well about the gear... most insurance companies replace your gear as well..

make sure you check cause you could get some new gear out of the deal as well.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
No frame sliders installed I see, wonder how much that would have helped.?.

Jason

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well the insurance guy came just now, took some pics of my bike and said he would call me tomorrow. he said 95% chance its totaled just because of the frame scratch, and all of the cooling system is bashed in, hopefully ill have another one soon

1 - 20 of 27 Posts