Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had an accident with my 600rr 04 hopefully im good but the bike isnt.
i had my suspension forks bent so i replaced them , also my speedometer is relplaced amd stopped there. so what should i do or check next.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

here are some pictures for how it looks so far hope it tells anything to you guys

·
Registered
403 Posts
Be sure to get frame and fork-clamps alignment tested. Enough impact to destroy fork blades can certainly bend triple-Ts and frame due to leverage. Lots of torque at joints on top.

Need new fairing stay/bracket. Those are cheap on eBay. They break on their own even without crash.

Electronically test BAS and its wiring. Bike won't run if either of those were damaged.

·
Registered
403 Posts
When you apply lots of force at end of fork-tips, such as in crash, it twists triple-T fork-clamps as well as head-tube of frame. It's like putting your fingers inside door-jamb near hinge and having someone close door. It takes very little force at outer end, but closer to pivot, that force is magnified LOTS.

... there was some saying involving Atlas... I'll have to look it up...

Reactions: MTJR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i only needed to change the forks and the axel also i had a bent front disc so i changed it too now the bike runs smoothly and everything is okay do i have to check something else?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sometimes, bent front-end can be felt as bike being more responsive to left turns vs. right turns or vice-versa.

If it's not wobbling or pulling to one side, should be OK.

Reactions: Mr. Dixon Cider

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it’s not wobbling but its pulling me to right side when i leave the lever ( low speed) idk if thats me or the bike so any ideas testing that ?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Make sure tyre-pressures are OK.

Then use string-test to verify that front & rear tyre edges are parallel and in-line with each other. You might encountre situation where when edges are parallel, front-wheel is offset to one side from centre-line (not in-line with rear). This is easier to detect by starting string at back wheel and pulling to front.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Should be OK if they fit. Any looseness between lower & upper sections?

Final test is whether wheels are aligned. Stuff in between shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found the problem, sadly the hard way . the ball bearing got damaged too so it need replacement. the problem is its hard here in egypt finding that part so i need its right size to get one like it..

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
2006 cbr 600rr
17 Posts
i only needed to change the forks and the axel also i had a bent front disc so i changed it too now the bike runs smoothly and everything is okay do i have to check something else?
I agree with dann go take it to make sure your alignment is ok. Any suspension/frame/ fork work especially replacements after a crash makes it essential. Heck even check your chain to make sure it’s in a straight line still.

your OEM Honda bearing part number for your front axle is
91073-MCF-003
And the size is: 22X47X14

that part number above = # 13 in this diagram. Just to make sure that’s the bearing your looking for.
Font Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2006 cbr 600rr
17 Posts
yea i think i’ll be doing that things are getting complicated… anyways thanks for help guys
Well it’s not SUPER hard essentially. But it’s not something you should leave to a “looks good enough” standard. As it can potentially lead to a completely unsafe ride. Definitely getting it looked at is the way to go if your unsure. Even sometimes after I work on my bike or cars I still get it double checked by another mechanic 🤷🏾‍♂️ Safety comes before all else. I hope the bearing size helped you out as well. Stay safe bro 💪.

also I forgot to say: if you ever need to find a specific part or size Google “2004 cbr600rr diagram” and partzilla or some other parts places should have the diagrams so you can always find the exact part or sizes your looking for. Again hope that helps as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check
Be sure to get frame and fork-clamps alignment tested. Enough impact to destroy fork blades can certainly bend triple-Ts and frame due to leverage. Lots of torque at joints on top.

Need new fairing stay/bracket. Those are cheap on eBay. They break on their own even without crash.

Electronically test BAS and its wiring. Bike won't run if either of those were damaged.
Hi there ...check you bank angle there is 2 wire attached with your clutch handle and also check you r neutral switch and stand swith..it should be running if you reset that thing I said ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts