Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every1 i am about to purchase my first bike and wanted to get one from crazy freddys in long island, ny wanted to know if any1 had any experiece with them and if it was a good ro bad one thanks

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I've only heard bad things about this place, especially how they screw buyers into a VERY high interest loan. There are better places such as Crossbay Honda, New York Motorcycle etc.

·
Registered
796 Posts
No personal experience with that store. I bought my 08 from an upstate NY dealer.

I too have heard not-so-good things about them. If you do buy from them, just triple check everything you sign and make sure it's correct.
Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks fellas hopefully since im buying it cash i will just purchase the buke from them and never have to return if therye really that bad

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Why ask for advice if you ignore it?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Even if youre buying the bike outright with cash, I'd still avoid that place. Aside from the really high interests rates, SO many people have told me the salesmen there are really shady. No personal experience just things I've heard. You seem to be pretty set on going there though. Why? There are better dealerships to give your business too imo.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If the dealer is sketch, then just start asking or demanding to know things before your purchase.

If not then take the locals advice they clearly have told you its a bad dealer.:drunk:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only.reason.I.wana.go.there.is.because.they're.the.only.place.that.has.the.cbr.600rr."Graffiti".edition.can't.find.it.anywhere.else

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I bought my 07 600rr there in the spring of 07. I also bought a CBR from the same shop back in 2000 but it was called Sunrise Honda at that point. I think I paid around $8400+ tax. I had one issue with them but that had to do with the insurance so it was actually the broker that they work with (Lang Insurance). Whatever you do, do NOT get insurance through them as they charge a $300 brokers fee.
Fact is, just about all salesmen/dealers are scumbags.
From my experience I would recomend them but every salesperson is different so who knows.
I've bought a few bikes and I have been screwed in the past so here are a few words of advice:
-get EVERYTHING in writing. Make sure that everything makes sense. Especially if you are financing the bike. The Honda credit card isnt so bad as long as you pay it off before the interest rate jacks up but that has nothing to do with the dealer. If you're looking at the numbers and for some reason they don't make sense, as the salesperson for an explanation in WRITING.
-Have the insurance handled yourself beforehand. Dont get your insurance through them.
-If your paying cash I wouldnt be worried at all as long as you have a bill of sale showing the sale amount that matches what you're paying.
-There is a guy that works there Called Dan (everyone calls him Dan-o). I bought my first bike from him years ago. I know he stayed there when they became crazy freddies but I'm not sure if he's still there. If he is, ask for him. He was honest and not cocky and full of chit like most salesman

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Also, although I have "heard" that some people have had bad experiences with them I never actually read or heard first hand of anyone that has had a bad experience.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Stop.Talking.With.Periods.After.Ever.Thing.You.Say. It takes forever cause when I'm reading it I have to pause between every one of your damn words! If your paying in cash you should be fine. Like every one said just make sure to get everything in writing. If it is a used bike make sure to have a third party mechanic look over it. If it checks out you're golden.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I just checked them out on BBB.org and they have an "F" rating so I would only buy from them if your getting a really good deal (that you cant get anywhere else) and you have got everything in writing. If you arent picking up the bike on the same day that you pay, make sure you look over the Bill of sale carefully. Or for some extra protection you can pay with a credit card but I'm not sure if they'll want to accept a credit card.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I purchased my bike from Crazy Freddy may of 08. It was fine since I paid cash but didn't get anything else from them. They tried to get me to buy there insurance and service plan. Also, my helmet and jacket they tried to charge me $300 for a $90 helmet! Just get the bike and don't look back. If your buying a new bike cash fine just don't let them get you for anything else!! If your buying used check the bike thoroughly!!! After I got my bike I heard a lot of stories and none good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
damm all these stories are crazy, ill only get the graffiti cbr 600rr from them if anythin i wont even bother looking at anythin else there cuz i can find other bikes elsewhere

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
I heard that they swap out the stock tires on new bikes with a cheaper brand. I sh!t you not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts