Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i get a call at 8:30 this morning from the state police. saying i ran from a gas station with out paying for gas. I tell the cop no way i just woke up. Cop gets an attitude and tells me. there is no need to lie.. LOL. so i ask where did this happen and how do you know it was me.. says it happend near the border of Illinois and Indiana. and they got my license plate number. I say ok well i live in Edwardsville IL. on the border of IL and MO. and I just got my rr and it doesn't have a license plate yet. still has the temp. tells me the license plate number and it was the plate on my old bike.. i say hold on a second i have my old plate right here.. he says there is no way because it was on the bike.. I SAY NO cuz its right here in my hand. i only got one license plate cuz my last bike was my first bike. i tell him i sold the old bike like 3 months ago.. cop continues telling me that i don't have the license plate.. i asked for his email address. i said i got a digital camera right here ill take a pic of it and send it to you.. he says that won't work. i tell him look i sold it to this kid. i gave him the name. he runs it and says the kid doesn't have a motorcycle.. i say yes he does i sold it to him.. the talk comes to a stand still and i ask if there is a way he can find out if the kid asked for a lost license plate.. says no he can't check that.. WHAT you are the state police and you can't look that up. he ends up just giving me his number and supposed to call if i hear from this kid.. LOL the kid i sold the bike to lived in the ghetto and had to sell drugs.. when he bought my bike . he payed cash and drove up in a Jag....

so my question is, is it ez to get a copy of a license plate. cuz i have called all over the state trying to figure out how he has my license plate when i have it in my hand. and no one can tell me if he got a copy or what. i really don't feel like this happing everytime this kid decides to run

rant over

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Do we know this guy is a state cop? I'd tell the cop to come to your house and talk, wouldnt trust who it is over the phone. And if he could see you had a bike he should know where you live..

Sounds like a bizarre situation

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
this is prob a friend. lol. or Ashton Kutcher, cuz u just got punked. or is it punk'd.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, hope you didn't give out any personal info. I'd ask to see the guy in person. Or head down to the police department yourself (Bring a lawyer along if you're nervous). As far as copying plates, it can be done. If the kid really was tangled up in drug dealing and stuff... who knows what other kind of resources he may have?

·
Registered
225 Posts
That is crazy.... Did you happen to get his badge number or a phone number where you could call this guy back? Sounds fishy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
na it was the police cuz i got a call back number to the state police and had another long conversation with them.. i called all around the state police and the dmv and no one could tell me how they got my plate number.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ummm, Am I the only one asking myself,...

"Where the hell is this gas station where you can pump before you pay?"

Just curious. I've never seen one of those here in Cali.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Can failing to switch the titles (somethien I wouldnt' put past a kid like this) cause this? the registration would still be in your name correct?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rendizzo said:

lol you can't be serious:01_bitchs

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
rendizzo said:

There are some....you need to ride a bit more and further away from home. =P

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
ILLstunter said:
so my question is, is it ez to get a copy of a license plate. cuz i have called all over the state trying to figure out how he has my license plate when i have it in my hand. and no one can tell me if he got a copy or what. i really don't feel like this happing everytime this kid decides to run

rant over
His buddy in jail stamped him out a plate with your numbers on it. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
My guess would be it wasn't your plate at all. They probably have the number wrong by one digit and it looked like yout plate. Have you called the guy you sold it to? It might not be him.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
rendizzo said:

Ummm Have you ever been outside of your neighborhood???

There are only a few states where you cant pump your own gas..In NJ it is illegal to pump your own gas so you have to let all the Patels do it for you.
In the south you pump your own gas just about everywhere you go.
(Although at night 99% of them make you pay before you pump)

Cali kills me..bunch of hipoctitical tree huggers ...they'll be trying to get electric motorcycles next.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts