Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own an 06'RR - modified...520 kit, Air filter, 2Bro's slip on, Power Commander3 and air/fuel sensor.
My roommate owns an completely stock 07'RR. - no mods what so ever...
We always bicker about our bikes but I want to kill him when he says my bike is only making about 90 HP to the wheels with mods...maybe 80 w/o he says) while he says his makes about 101 to the wheels completely stock...
somebody please tell him he is full of **** cuz he wont believe me...or is he right???

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Take both bikes to the shop and put them on the Dyno

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
get fast and furious and have a street race, it's not the bike it's the rider! :)

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Guys do not encourage two friends & room mates to go street racing
they might just listen and in the heat of the moment decide to do it
and then end up in jail or in the hospital

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
How about a track day among the two, just for kicks???
As long as they play smart with the understanding
there in nothing to prove i would bless that idea

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hehe, yeah we fight like a married couple sometimes but were good friends...
Oh yeah and about the race...I already know who would win...ME.
I ride everyday...i dont even own a car....every weekend (or at least any i can go out on) I ride the canyons with my buddies on the 33 hwy out in Ojai, CA. He use to ride everyday now he is barely a weekend warrior. Maybe goes for a spin to get a bite to eat and what not but thats it. Besides that...what do you guys think my bike would be pushing...hp i mean...?

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Average is 105 HP

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah MOEMAN, good idea running them on the dyno's together...except my roommate is a poor MF'r and already owes me $$$...ahhhhhhh someday ill see the money...
Oh yeah MOEMAN, your red 07' is BADASS...if I was gonna get an 07 it would have to be white or red...like your direction though, nice and clean looking!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
wow some people are so damn clueless

his is 103whp http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Photos/86385600hp.jpg
your's is 104whp http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photos/600hp.JPG

So basically...both bikes put down the same power! Show him this

About the power you're making...is your pc3 custom mapped? I suggest doing so and you'll see some nice gains. Even without a tune you have a slip on and a air filter so those by themselves give marginal increases...I guesstimate around ~105whp
i wouldnt fully base your conclusion upon thoes graphs. take a look at the 06-07 R6 numbers. both are identical machines, but theres a 2 hp difference? really, theres too many factors like break in method, weather conditions, and tire condition to properly make a HP guess based upon a dyno printout.

and why just look at peak numbers? i'd be willing to bet that 90% of riding is done well below that. looking at the curves and torque numbers would be a better way to judge the machines in question.

JMO

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Tell your friend he must be on crack. There is no way whatsoever that Honda or any other manufacturer would be able to gain an extra 11 hp out of a new model. One year and a new model can produce some big improvements, but 11 hp would be a quantum leap.

That's assuming both are completely stock bikes. Given the fact you have a few mods done makes his claim even more absurd.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Is ur roommate a noob by any chance?? Coz anyone with decent sportbike experience would know these machines pump out 100+hp to the rear wheel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts