Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having problems with the cbr. I just bought the bike used and sometimes when i go and start it the gauges wont turn on the the bike doesnt want to start(it cranks but doesnt turn on). it usually starts when i unplug the headlights. but this time the bike doesnt even turn over. the guages dont turn on unless i hit the start button and they turn off after i stop pressing the start button. When i hit the turn signals they start to blink but it also makes the gauges start to blink!! I noticed the BAS sensor is already bypassed and the headlights are ran to their own toggle switch. Im thinking about ordering a new sub harness and also a BAS sensor too. but idk if thats even the problem. any help will be appreciated. THNKS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idk how old the battery is but I have a battery charger hooked up to it and it still is doing the same thing... Its an 05.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Weak battery? How old is the battery? Have it load tested.
:+1:i agree. Toss a battery tender (trickle charger) and see if it holds a charge first. You could push start it (use 2nd gear) just to get it running and go from there but this wont fully recharge a battery.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Do you hear the fuel pump come on when you turn the key to the on position?

Had a similar issue where the headlights would come on but would go out when I pressed the start button. I brought the battery in for a load test and they said that it had an open cell. Easy enough to get the battery tested and replaced if needed instead of going to get a new harness.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Ive been having problems with the cbr. I just bought the bike used and sometimes when i go and start it the gauges wont turn on the the bike doesnt want to start(it cranks but doesnt turn on). it usually starts when i unplug the headlights. but this time the bike doesnt even turn over. the guages dont turn on unless i hit the start button and they turn off after i stop pressing the start button. When i hit the turn signals they start to blink but it also makes the gauges start to blink!! I noticed the BAS sensor is already bypassed and the headlights are ran to their own toggle switch. Im thinking about ordering a new sub harness and also a BAS sensor too. but idk if thats even the problem. any help will be appreciated. THNKS
What you have going on there is a little strange, first thing I would check is the ground connection from the front harness to the frame of the bike, when you hit the indicators or start button you are providing a current path for the gauges and allowing them to turn on.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Any progress?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts