Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, after countless nights of research and BS. I finally decided to check out a cbr600rr at the dealership a few days ago, well after sifting through abunch of crap that has happened this week I have gotten insurance quotes, new job..

Insurance will run around 85$/month for 250 dects on full coverage.. Very nice in my opinion as my car is around 105 a month :p.

I can afford monthly payments and honestly it will help me build some credit in the long run, but I have ran into a problem.

Due to my parents being A-Holes, I can't get a co-signer.. I checked some loan companies and filled out a deal at lendingtree that I am waiting to hear on, but does anyone have any helpful information?

Helpful as in, best loan companies, what to look OUT for, what TO look for etc...?

I am sure this has been posted many times as I got some links for SOME loan companies through a old post, but figured maybe I could get some new input.

Thanks guys in advance..

EDIT: Btw, I WOULD be able to get a 7.9 apr through the honda financing thing which isnt bad at all considering my car payment was higher then that. I dont think honda does something similar to the yamaha card or anything like that? Would that help any turning to that?

I have yet to run to the dealership and see what he can help on, as they closed right when I got off work and probably be closed tomorrow unless I can sneak a dinner break and run in and get some information - but figured I would ask you guys first before possibly getting screwed.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Would a regular local bank give you a loan? Have you even tried that?
Maybe the bank where you have your savings and/or checking accounts?
If not go with Honda Financing. Just look at your APR% and ask a lot of questions if you dont understand anything. And just because your parents won't co-sign doesn't mean they're A*holes. Shoot any other questions you may have.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The question is, how much debt to income do you have? Its harder to get abike then a car since if things get tough to pay, the toys go first. How long have you had your car loan, and any lates? Did anyone co x for your car? The more money you have down the better chance you have getting financed. If you have been on the credit bureau 2-3 yrs and score good with American Honda and $$$ down you may be OK. Don't run alll over town trying toget credit, go to Honda and your chances are better since they have an interest in getting you approved. No loan , no sold Bike, no money made at the dealership. I was a loan officer and currently run a Dodge store so any help I can give I will try to guide ya

Good luck :D

H

·
0 Posts
Due to my parents being A-Holes, I can't get a co-signer
obviously saying something like that proves that you are not mature enough to own a bike... i

f you cannot understand why your parents would not want to co-signed a loan for you then you really need to reconsider this purchase...

to me you do not seem mature or responsible enough to own a bike... so do everyone a favor and do not buy one... all you will do is hurt yourself and raise our insurance.....

and jsut so you know i am not one to bash other member for their actions.. but to come on here and in your first post call your parents a$$holes... you seriously need to reconsider your priorities... does this extrememly dangerous material item mean that much to you that you woudl bash your parents like that... grow up.. :roll:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
homerjay4242 said:
Due to my parents being A-Holes, I can't get a co-signer
obviously saying something like that proves that you are not mature enough to own a bike... i

f you cannot understand why your parents would not want to co-signed a loan for you then you really need to reconsider this purchase...

to me you do not seem mature or responsible enough to own a bike... so do everyone a favor and do not buy one... all you will do is hurt yourself and raise our insurance.....

and jsut so you know i am not one to bash other member for their actions.. but to come on here and in your first post call your parents a$$holes... you seriously need to reconsider your priorities... does this extrememly dangerous material item mean that much to you that you woudl bash your parents like that... grow up.. :roll:
+1 :Spanking:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Banks will probably have a higher rate. You might want to try a credit union. Their rates are usually 2-3 percentage points lower than most banks but they might require a co-signer as well.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
just because mom and dad wont co-sign doesnt make them a-holes :evil: ..welcome to the real world. make ends meet and
get the bike on your own...if u cant get it, the man upstairs is
telling u something

·
Registered
541 Posts
Heh. I don't know any parents who want their kids on bikes. Learn to live with it, they love you.

Most of my friends have been banking a the same bank for quite some time and got their car/home loan from there so all it's taken for them to get a bike is a phone call to their repersentative asking if they can roll a bike into the loan. Always seemed easy to me.

I have -0 credit so I just bought mine cash.. Maybe you should consider buying one cash that you can afford... when you can afford it? If this is your first bike as I've heard more than enough times you will mess it up. Start cheap n' slow and work your way up.

·
Registered
494 Posts
He's not an immature kid just because his parents refuse to co-sign for him. If I didn't have good enough credit to get my bike on my own, there's no way in hell my parents would have co-signed for me. They wanted me to get a Shadow or something :p

Gundy: One thing to consider is that if you don't have a very large credit history (i.e. a credit card for a couple years), no bank is going to give you a loan without a co-signer. Also, most banks and CU's will only loan 90% of MSRP + tax & license on a brand new bike, and 80% of NADA value + tax & license on a used bike. Most dealers are selling for less than MSRP anyway, so it probably won't matter, but if not, you should try to wheel and deal with your dealer to get the best deal you can. Most are selling for the MSRP price out the door (which means it includes tax & licensing, which works out almost perfectly for a 90% loan). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dracus said:
He's not an immature kid just because his parents refuse to co-sign for him. If I didn't have good enough credit to get my bike on my own, there's no way in hell my parents would have co-signed for me. They wanted me to get a Shadow or something :p

Gundy: One thing to consider is that if you don't have a very large credit history (i.e. a credit card for a couple years), no bank is going to give you a loan without a co-signer. Also, most banks and CU's will only loan 90% of MSRP + tax & license on a brand new bike, and 80% of NADA value + tax & license on a used bike. Most dealers are selling for less than MSRP anyway, so it probably won't matter, but if not, you should try to wheel and deal with your dealer to get the best deal you can. Most are selling for the MSRP price out the door (which means it includes tax & licensing, which works out almost perfectly for a 90% loan). Hope this helps.
Yea I was going to try and check out my bank later this after noon where I have my checking/savings account to see if I could get something through them. Was just wondering about banks and the flying apr%'s..

As for my parents, im not crying or anything just saying my parents feel the same way some users have said on here - they want me to get a shadow or something first.. My stepfather said he would sign for it though so we will see how things go with that.

I have had my car loan for about 2 years or so. Never been late on a payment, and sometimes I have paid more then the amount. Like I said I plan on stopping by the dealership today to see what I can get worked out, I checked out some loan companies last night and found some interesting aprs and stuff.. But I will just have to see what happens tonight.

I have had a few bikes in the past and learned how to ride on a friends old Ninja. Rode another one of my buddies f4i's last weekend.

And to Jeffro600 & homerjay4242 - next time I need to be chewed out by someone other then my parents I will send you a pst, otherwise dont reply to this thread again.. Thanks for the negative input. I am not 'bashing' my parents or anything, if your going to cry over me saying something like that, shows your maturity level.

·
Registered
891 Posts
my first bike in 92 was a 87 honda hurricain i had to go to a buy here pay here place and it cost me 29.99% in interest...

we all got to start somewhere sometimes it isnt with the bike you want but if you have the addiction you will do what you need to do to get on any bike and work your way up

H

·
0 Posts
And to Jeffro600 & homerjay4242 - next time I need to be chewed out by someone other then my parents I will send you a pst, otherwise dont reply to this thread again.. Thanks for the negative input. I am not 'bashing' my parents or anything, if your going to cry over me saying something like that, shows your maturity level.
funny i did not know that calling your parents a$$holes was a nice thing.. to be that seems like you bashing your parents.. did i miss something or does calling someone an a$$hole mean something different where you come from...

He's not an immature kid just because his parents refuse to co-sign for him
you are absolutely right... his parents refusing to co-sign does not make him immature.. posting that they are a$$holes for not co-signing does...

i was in the same boat when i bought my bike... and if he would have asked for help with loans w/o calling his parents a$$holes for not co-signing then i would have been more than happy to help...

C

·
0 Posts
Wow, $85 a month full coverage? I pay about $180 for a whole year with a $500 deductible with state farm.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
7.9 is a pretty good rate on a bike, especially if you dont have any credit. It will DEFINITELY be higher if you go to the bank, assuming you even qualify. Go with the dealer financing.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
Gundy said:
you know fighting on the internet is just stupid. Gundy,, calling your parents Aholes for this is like calling a State Trooper an Ahole for giving you a speeding ticket when you were speeding. it's just stupid. your parents have their reasons.

and this whole "shows your maturity level" crap is just played out. these are all each person's opinions. just think about what you say from someone else's perspective and you will gain more credibility and respect in all aspects.

·
6,874 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
Wow, $85 a month full coverage? I pay about $180 for a whole year with a $500 deductible with state farm.
i just picked up state farm yesterday, 290/6 mos. 1 ticket, 1 accident. $250 collision and $0 comp deducts! saved me $1200 over my last insurance company.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Look im not going to fight over little crap like this, if you guys want to sit there and say im immature for calling my parents weasels because they wouldnt even talk to me about getting a bike then dont even post. Each time I post in a forum similar to this people always making discouraging comments.

Yea if nothing works out with this bike I will end up getting a friends bike but we will see what happens.

crotch_rocket_pilot - Thats nice coverage & price.. Probably over age 25? Im sure thats where they got me, besides my ticket, and wasn't sure if having my car under the same company would make a difference.

Im 18 with one speeding ticket.. State farm gave me the best quote, progressive reamed me on prices, over 4,000/year. The dealer I was talking with said something about how State Farm classes their bikes through CC's ( size of engine ) and Progressive does something similar to grouping the street bikes as ' Super Sport Bikes'... Which when I talked to the state farm lady, she said its amazing to see that progressive quotes that high, its almost like they dont even want to insure bikes :).

BlueBlur - Im not fighting if people are going to post stuff like that I dont even want to see their replies. And no its not like calling a trooper a ahole for giving me a ticket, if I was speeding I knew the risk and toke the chances of getting cought.

Anyways BACK to the topic - I was worried about banks screwing me on apr's. But I will have to see, I liked the 7.9 from the honda financing, and I looked some banks up last night ( without filling in personal information ) and they said something similar to 6.9-8.9 so will just have to see what my bank says if the dealership can't work anything out with me.

Like someone said, im sure the dealership will work something out with me. Just wasn't sure on my backup plans ( bank loans etc... ) especially without any credit. ( Besides car payments )

·
6,874 Posts
ya dealer may be able to go through a local credit union. that's what mine did, got me 7.5% for 5 years. thing to be careful of with honda finance is if it's a limited time promo, i.e. the rate goes up after 6 months or something. (especially if it's the Honda Card)

oh and screw Progressive. they don't like insuring sport bikes, they told me that over the phone. state farm has the best rates if you can get coverage with them, they DO only class by engine size, not bike style.

to the off topic stuff... my parents would have never cosigned for a bike for me at your age, they wouldn't do it today either. they did however sign on my first car. point being, just be careful saying certain things, it may really bug some people. you never know what their circumstances might be (one guy made a comment about someone's mom, just joking, but turns out the guy's mom died a few years ago, cancer i think, really flipped him out).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I didnt mean any offense by it, just parents wouldnt even sit down and listen to me, they did the same on my car.

Anyways, yea I was afraid the honda thing would jump up after I read some of the honda card promo's I think yamaha does something similar to paying like 99 a month and then the apr just sky rockets. Thats what I was worried about, but when I got my rates from the dealership it was 7.9 for 60 months straight out, not sure if I even have the option of a honda card. The thing that grabbed my attention was the 0 down. Which meant I just had to sift through the insurance crap, and loan crap first. Which was more of a hay day then I thought :).

Guess I will just have to see if I can go through a CU like you did, not sure how well it will go since I have no credit or anything.. I could probably put down 1,000 if I had to, although I planned on using that for gear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts