Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Just be sure you aren't restricting yourself with your knee. Hard to see at that angle...

The question is, when the knee touches, does it naturally pull back a little? Or does it almost force you to stop leaning?

That's the key.

If you feel like it's stopping you, it's putting energy into your hips and transferring weight. Then you would want to angle the knee a little further forward. Which is how it appears...

Otherwise, you look very good! If you slide back a little, you could get the lower back a little straighter and it could be slightly more comfortable... But not an issue the way you are now.

Good job!

Reactions: CHINO52405

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Looks really good! What I was told as far as the knee goes is to use it as a "buffer" once it touches, try to bring the bike down more and more and more and more because you can use your knee to give you a "feel" of lean angle. Basically you'd be bringing your knee up and in as you SLOWLY bring the bike further down, but it's a lot to think about whole you're actually doing it.

I just recently dragged knee for the first time at chuckwalla, and when I showed someone my left slider, that's how they explained it to me. So I went out, tried it, and it seemed like I could gradually increase speed a bit more through the turn. But idk.

Just do what makes you feel good. Speed will come.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Looks like you're reaching a bit, but as you get faster this will decrease out of necessity
Can you explain what you mean by reaching?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by reaching?
He's referring to exactly what the OP'er thought he might be doing. It's the angle at which he has his leg in relation to the ground and bike.

Some riders will have their knee at some crazy angles, I've literally watched people have their leg at near 90*!!! Don't even know how they could physically do it! LOL Maybe I'm too old... ;)

You want your knee at ABOUT 30* or even less.

Having your knee at too great of an angle defeats the purpose of dragging it in the first place.

It's supposed to be an indication of your limit. However, if you drag it all the time, how will you know when you REALLY need to know you're way over?

Many riders will stop once they feel the knee touch, they believe they are at their limit, even though they aren't... Only preventing them from going faster.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
He's referring to exactly what the OP'er thought he might be doing. It's the angle at which he has his leg in relation to the ground and bike.
Ah yea, gotcha.
I shouldn't post that early in the AM unless it's in a total bs thread.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Looking great! It appears as people have suggested...bring that knee in a little but otherwise keep up the awesome work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts