Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
It's been slow going lately, i've been busy with work mainly, however my water pump took a dump on me, leaking from the weep hole, bugger.

It's on back order, i've installed a Healtech gear pos indicator which because of the HRC ECU and loom i had to wire in using their generic loom, i have rearsets due any day as well as some smog block off plates, i'm doing these because the QS plugs will likely need a little room and they tidy up the cam cover as well.

Pics shortly, i need to start the bike to confirm my wiring job on the gear indicator but i can't do that until my pump arrives.

Discussion starter · #22 · (Edited)
My Attack rearsets arrived today, they're fitted but i find them a bit curious.

They're very nice quality and obviously built for track work, there's no facility for a brake light switch which is no concern to me but the shift rod pivot relies on the sidestand braket...... and what a heavy lump of puss that is! anyone would think HD made it!

so not only did i have to scrounge up a side stand i now have to modify the bracket to get rid of the excess fat, it's only use on my bike is to support the pivot so it can be significantly lightened!
Also, they don't come with the shift arm like most kits and their instructions are specific about where it should be on the spline so i'm off to order one of those tomorrow, can't install the pivot and shift arms until my water pump comes in though.....

Attachments

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
Got my water pump yesterday so i fitted it as well as located the rearset pivot and installed my HM Quickshifter as well.

The rear sets i needed to add a 20mm spacer, they come with a 10mm for one of the pivot bolts, i also took a heap of weight and material off the side stand bracket which is also for the Attack pivot. With these installed i could program my Healtech gear position indicator as well as setup the basic QS settings, i'll need to trial it to confirm them but for now it's got a basic set up that apparently works for most.

Tyres next and then a slipper clutch.......

Attachments

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Being a track only bike there were a few bits i consider necessities, and my bike didn't come with them so during my rebuild as i replaced all the worn out and damaged stuff and repainted, powder coated bits etc i kept a lookout for them....
these were
gear position indicator. (had to buy a healtech generic one and wire it in as i use the HRC loom/ECU
Quickshifter. Bought a HM strain gauge one as i'm using the attack rear sets which have a pivot so the extra sensitivity comes in handy.
Slipper Clutch. Preferably the Yoyodyne "corse" with the low ramp angles made specifically for racing/track use.

I ended up buying the QS and the indicator new, and was losing hope of finding a decent second hand clutch, until.....

Luckily my mates look out for me and i was bombarded with texts about a local guy parting his race bike, and he had a yoyodyne slipper.....
It's mine and in surprisingly good condition, got it for well under half price and it came with heaps of spares, 2 stacks of plates shimmed ready to use etc..

Really stoked with my find, the savings will cover my tyre set now.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #30 ·
well i've had some time off, been busy with work and another one of my bikes has been getting all of my attention (and money) so i've not been working on this....

I've finally got a new set of Supercorsas mounted, SC1 on the front, SC2 on the rear, but of course, i had to spend more than i expected, When the rotors were checked for runout they were warped so a new set of Brembo SerieOro were fitted and a new Renthal Alloy rear 43T sprocket was added as well.
Std gearing is supposed to be 16/41 according to the Renthal cat, mine is 15/43.

All the bodywork has been tinkered with to make it fit better, my painter will have it in the next couple of weeks and will do a final fit and then paint it Blackbird Blue
Can't wait......

Attachments

well i've had some time off, been busy with work and another one of my bikes has been getting all of my attention (and money) so i've not been working on this....

I've finally got a new set of Supercorsas mounted, SC1 on the front, SC2 on the rear, but of course, i had to spend more than i expected, When the rotors were checked for runout they were warped so a new set of Brembo SerieOro were fitted and a new Renthal Alloy rear 43T sprocket was added as well.
Std gearing is supposed to be 16/41 according to the Renthal cat, mine is 15/43.

All the bodywork has been tinkered with to make it fit better, my painter will have it in the next couple of weeks and will do a final fit and then paint it Blackbird Blue
Can't wait......
Looking good matey, age is just a number I'm 67 ,have a 03 Fireblade various other bikes (all Honda's)still jog and do weights , never suffer from arm pump or bad back, cant wait to see the finished machine

Discussion starter · #32 ·
well it's still at the painters.......

Unforseen personal circumstances and other issues have had my bike on the back burner for far too long but it's moving (slowly) again so i should have it back with it's fresh new paint job shortly. This Covid nonsense has kept the tracks closed anyway so it's not so bad.....

well it's still at the painters.......

Unforseen personal circumstances and other issues have had my bike on the back burner for far too long but it's moving (slowly) again so i should have it back with it's fresh new paint job shortly. This Covid nonsense has kept the tracks closed anyway so it's not so bad.....
Glad to see its coming along , hope everything goes well personally and with the bike(y)

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Thanks mate!

It's getting there, it's all in hi build primer now.
Here's a pic of the repairs to get the fitment nice....

I'm lashing out on a fancy paint job to help remind me i'm old and don't want to crash so it's been tinkered with to minimise chaffing or damage when assembled and ridden and hopefully make disassembly a fuss free job.
It's going to be Blackbird blue, they made that bike in blue (here in Oz anyway) for three years i think, the colour is slightly different each year so i went with 04 which is "Tahitian Blue"

Attachments

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.