Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today when when I installing my air filter..I overtightened one screw and stripped the thread; therefore, the screw does not go down tight. Would having one screw not tight cause air leakage in my air box? Will this affect the performance of the bike at all?

·
Registered
639 Posts
It wont hurt anything, unless there's a gap where unfiltered air can get into the engine. To repair, sometimes you can heat up the screw, and make some new threads when the plastic melts around the screw.

·
Registered
273 Posts
One screw wont kill it. Get some jb weld, fill the hole and use a tooth pick to make sure it is full with no air bubbles. Then drill the hole and tap new threads. I would buy a heli-coil thred insert and make it permanent. Any other ideas guys? I guess you could always buy a new box, but my a$hole hurts just thinking about what that would cost.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just a quick question, but would an anchor of some sort work (like maybe a drywall anchor)? I can't help but think with enough hunting around at a hardware store there's a cheap/easy good fix for everything :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts