Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my favorite local bar had a Siete de Maio party. The local MC club was all there with their cruisers all angle-parked in a nice row. They all looked really good. I pull up and even before I can toss the kickstand down one of them comes up to me "Yo Candles don't even turn it off." He tosses me the key to his and hops on my bike for a ride. My buddy G$ pulls up with his gixxer and the same happens to him. I swear our bikes were gone for the better part of an hour because as soon as they came back, another one of them wanted to take it for a spin.

They love the power and how smooth our rice bikes are. They know they want one...

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
nice. i don't care who or how old you are but there will always be a need for adrenaline. i can see myself at 60 hauling a**...probably in a cage cause my back will be f*cked up, but i will be moving fast.

·
Registered
784 Posts
hitman83 said:
nice. i don't care who or how old you are but there will always be a need for adrenaline. i can see myself at 60 hauling a**...probably in a cage cause my back will be f*cked up, but i will be moving fast.
Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That story made me nervous! I can't believe you let someone else ride your bike. I don't trust anyone on mine...Those harley guys don't know what its like to not have 800lbs of bike to move when they twist the throttle. Hehe good story though.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We all let each other ride our bikes. I only do it because I trust these guys and they trust me with theirs. It's actually kind of cool because I get to ride the cruisers whenever I want. It's like have a bike pool and you just pick the one you want to take on a ride. LOL

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
man....i'd go and haul ass on a Harley D. but i'll take an MV F4 1000s 1+1 anyday. well....that or my sweet 05 600RR. man i miss riding.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
No, you sell theres then buy 2 new 600rr's

DangerDoom said:
well, i would be worried about them wrecking, but not stealing. cuz they gave u their keys. and if they wreck ur whip, u drop theirs off a cliff. only fair.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shiftn3rdon1 said:
No, you sell theres then buy 2 new 600rr's
DangerDoom said:
ayeeee good idea. one for you one for them to kill themselfs on the next time.
I almost snarf my soda pop when I read these replies. Carbonated drinks in your nasal passages HURT!

Anyhow, these guys have been riding for years and I trust them to not wreck my bike. I fully understand that it don't have to be a mistake they make and anything can happen. Guess that's why I have insurance!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My mission is to get the really old time Harley guys to jump on my bike. The guys my age (30) are all for taking my bike out for a spin. Now if I can only get the 50 year olds to give it a shot. I usually get "Get the F outta here. I'll kill myself on that."

·
Registered
136 Posts
not only is it crazy to let people who ride cruisers take your sport bikes out... completely different ergonomics and powerbands... aside from insurance and liability issues... but you were at a BAR... can you guarantee they weren't drinking before you rode up? What is it with MC clubs meeting at Bars anyways? The local club where I went to college met at a carwash... around here they meet in the Wal-mart parking lot... I just know there are a lot of "good ole boys" who drink a couple beers like I drink a soda...

but either way, it is funny to me how different people allow different things done with their money (their $7000 investment). If the guy lowside in a corner and had his leg broken... would you still insist he pay for your bike or would you just lie and say it was you and claim it on your insurance?

Rock

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
DangerDoom said:
well, get an RC51 and see if they loop it or not. make bets with the others to see who loops it first.
evil, evil man...i like how you think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts