Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no idea what to make the title of this thread, so I apologize if it was misleading.

There's this Harley rider her at work, he's former LAPD (he's an activated reservist right now). He keeps asking me to ride with him home and he keeps thinking I make up excuses not to ride with him because I truely don't like harleys.

I always tell him that I don't like harleys, but that's not what stops me from riding with him. I always mention to him that I will only ride with him if he rides at a faster pace....but you have to see the big picture:

The road to Fort Irwin (where I work) is a long 33 mile road with nothing but desert...and I mean absolutely nothing. It's so much nothing, they used to have a sign as you left Fort Irwin saying, "Absolutely Nothing next 27 miles." The road is notorious for people falling asleep at the wheel and crashing....yeah. The speed limit is 55mph but NO ONE follows that. Normal traffic flows @ 65 mph....and cops won't give tickets for anything under 70....

So I tell him if he can atleast keep a pace of 70mph then I will ride with him...and he keeps telling me that he will ONLY go the speed limit because he wants to ride safe. And he knows it's safer because he's been riding 15 years...Then I retort that going slower than traffic is more dangerous than going faster than traffic and stats prove that, I do not feel the need to spend 45 minutes on such a short stretch of road and possibly fall asleep from boredom, and that even though he has been riding for so long, I have racked more miles, and done more practicing/gained more experience (from the track of course) than he ever has done (this is the guy that has a 2003 Fatboy with 20k on it and my 2006 CBR is creeping up to 15k quickly).

So blah blah blah...yackity smackity and all that jazz...

What do you guys think? How would you respond/react?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Just tell him you're not interested. He's a big boy. No reason to try to make up any excuses or reasons not to go. I'm sure he'll get over it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Don't ride if you don't want to...

Stick to your guns....well, you know what I mean.

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
I would ride with a cool Harley dude (if ever one existed) if they asked but not on a long stretch like that. He seems like an ok guy, make a deal with him. Tell him that you would ride a different stretch with him and see what he says.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Also, beware... He wants to ride with just the two of you? He might be really trying to ask you out on a date.

Ask him to look at his fingernails. If he looks at them palm down, you might be in trouble...

You never know...

:tard:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Also, beware... He wants to ride with just the two of you? He might be really trying to ask you out on a date.

Ask him to look at his fingernails. If he looks at them palm down, you might be in trouble...

You never know...

:tard:

LOL...I was going to say the same thing. Sounds like he's trying to get you alone...haha.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just tell him you're not interested. He's a big boy. No reason to try to make up any excuses or reasons not to go. I'm sure he'll get over it.
+ 1 on that

·
Registered
329 Posts
this guy sounds like some guy of a movie... Rain main maybe?? LOL

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He always says he doesn't ride jap bikes....but won't give a straight answer as to why. I tell him that his harley isn't american made and he gets all pissy about it. And to think he's a mexican...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Personally I like slow rides sometimes, especially if the weather is really nice and you can stay more upright and feel the nice breeze...but I don't know if I can do that for 30+ miles in a straight line...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
get a good music on your ipod and enjoy that boring ass road.. do some wheelies and stuff. hahahah..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts